HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I am in Hebron, IN and I am looking for someone close by that has a Barred Rock hen or pullet they wouldn't mind selling. Please PM me if you have one. Thanks!

Skippin' Sammi :

Hello! Is there anyone with Lavender Orpington chicks for sale near Terre Haute In.?
Thanks in advance for any info. :0)

I just set 19 eggs last week and will be keeping most of the chicks to start my flock. If I were to get a 100% on shipped eggs,
lau.gif
I could probably part with a couple.​

My name is Kristy and I'm from the far east side of Indianapolis. I'm thinking of having backyard egg-laying chickens in hopes that we can feed them our extremely limited diet due to allergies and be able to eat the eggs. Right now we don't tolerate them because of what they are fed. I'd love to find some eggs locally to see if we can tolerate them, but we can't eat gluten/wheat, soy, corn, etc. If you think you could help, PLEASE let me know! :eek:)
Thanks so much!!
Kristy

Quote:
What they eat really passes through to their eggs?? I didn't know that. (The gluten)

What about contacting a local feed mill and making up a special mix for them? You could also supplement their feed with the leftovers and scraps from your meals.

For anyone who doesn't follow the Indiana Chickenstock thread, we are trying to decide if anyone else will be able to host since the Schultz's won't be able to . I am CONSIDERING doing it but I would like to find out any northerners/mid-state people would be willing to drive all the way down here to Evansville?

Quote:
I just set 19 eggs last week and will be keeping most of the chicks to start my flock. If I were to get a 100% on shipped eggs,
lau.gif
I could probably part with a couple.

Thanks. I am hatching my own. :0)

Skippin' Sammi :

Quote:
lau.gif
I could probably part with a couple.

Thanks. I am hatching my own. :0)​

I set 19 eggs last week and have 18 developing!!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom