HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
Yes I bought 2 prs from Henry, and 4 from Shari of Harvest Breeze Farms.

Oh OK...I didn't know Shari(Harvest Breeze) had them. I knew she had cochins but it's been awhile since I've been on her website. Thank you...I'll contact her too...she is a bit closer and I am still looking for one or two pullets.

Last edited:
Quote:
My goodness...they are a bit hard to come by aren't they. I am bound and determined to get a couple of pullets, not that I can't wait...but the searching is fun.
caf.gif
Like being on a scavenger hunt.
droolin.gif

Quote:
My goodness...they are a bit hard to come by aren't they. I am bound and determined to get a couple of pullets, not that I can't wait...but the searching is fun.
caf.gif
Like being on a scavenger hunt.
droolin.gif

They are really hard to get. I couldn't find any, then in 1 wk, henry had some for me, and Shari emailed to see if I wanted hers !!! Now if I can just get some fertile eggs !!!

Hi. I love having a mixed flock, and am wanting to add a few bantam/small breed pullets this spring. I'd like to find 3 or 4 of different breeds, but close in age. They don't need to be show quality, although I wouldn't argue if they were. Here are some breeds I'm interested in: silkie (prefer blue, black, splash, or partridge), polish (just about any color), golden sebright, bantam EEs, and would consider other similar, pretty, decorative breeds like bantam cochin, etc. I'd love to hear from anyone who knows they'll be hatching/raising a few of these breeds this spring, and are within an hour or so of Louisville, Ky. Thanks!

Quote:
I'm interested and am looking for all these breeds as well, except in a form of hatching eggs.
lol.png

My chickens have been on the laying strike ever since the winter started, but the production picked up again about a week or two ago.
I installed a light in their coop and setup a heated bowl with water. I think it helped with egg production.

On top of that my 6 months old EE girls started laying!
wee.gif

I'm thinking about painting their butts with food coloring to see who is laying what. We only get one green egg out of 4 girls. Although I did find one a little more blueish yesterday. So I think we may have 2 laying brown and 2 laying greenish/blueish, but I would like to know for sure.

Have you tried it (butt food coloring)?

Last edited:
I have a dozen silkie eggs , if someone would want to pick up I"d take $20 for the dozen. They are BBS hens with 2 black roos, BUT their is also a cuckoo roo in there so not sure what you'd get.

My daughter Sebrightmom, has a pair of partridge silkies for sale $50 for both.

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
This cracked me up for some reason...
I only have six birds, and have lots of spare time, so it was easy to figure out who laid what egg with my girls. I've read about using a medicine dropper to place just a bit of food coloring in the vent... But you'd need a different color for each bird, and that process could be a pain in the...well...in the butt...lol. I say just listen for the egg song (got a baby monitor?) and run out to see who's doing all the cackling.

Back
Top Bottom