HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
I won't be going to the show, but I am taking orders for lavender, black and blue orpingtons, I have black copper marans as well my original stock came from green fire farms and they have pure bev davis lines, the egg color is great.
the lavender orps are $7 each and the rest are $5 each, I won't be selling many as I have a verry small flock and orders are already coming in.
my birds are great quality, I spayed no science to get the best I could get, and I cull for hardiness and type as well as egg color

I'd love to get a few lavenders and/or blues. I can wait until next spring if needs be.

The Gateway Poultry Club official opens on Friday April 8th, 2011 at 6:00pm. Until 9:30pm. Building will reopen at 6:00am. Sat. April 9th.. All birds must be cooped NO LATER THAN 8:45am April 9th, 2011. Birds will be released from the show hall after all exhibitors have verified that all the birds are in there position and all awards have been given

I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this thread!
I live in SW Indiana (not far from Dinkys) with my DH, 3 dogs, 4 cats, 17 donkeys, 8 cows, 2 turkeys, 30 something chickens and 2 horses. I have 2 grown kids who each have 3 children. My son and his family live in FL but my daughter and her crew live nearby. I work PT as an Endocrinolgy Nurse Practitioner specializing in diabetes. The farm takes up too much time to work any more than that.
It's nice to know about our fellow Hoosiers!

Newby here so bear with me. My sons show poultry in Owen County 4-H fair that is in Spencer, Indiana. We have Black Jersey Giants and Buff Orphingtons. We are going to the Bloomington show today and tomorrow with the JG. We will be showing in the youth class.
We will also be showing in the show in Bartholomew Co. on the 30th. Right now we have two show birds a hen & a cock of the JG that are laying fertil eggs. I bought 11 JG from Bobbi Porto in Florida just this past month, also got 8 BO from Doug Aker in Lebanon that is all of our show stock. We also have 11 JG hen from Meryer Hatcher last yrs 4-H pullets. And to bring up the rear we have 3 hens +1 roo of the BO.
love.gif
I never new that showing poultry was so fun!!! We love this family hobbie.

mother of 2 boys-2 QH mares-3 steers-1 heifer-2 gilts-2 dogs -30+ chickens

Last edited:
Norther Indiana people.

I might need to find a brooder buddy for this little girl.
firstchisk3.jpg

She hatched Thursday afternoon and I haven't had another PIP since then. I haven't completely given up on the hatch, but am starting to feel like we might have to find her a friend. TSC is an option but I don't really want to buy 6 since we are more interested in hatching our own.

We are in Goshen IN, by the way, if anyone has a new fuzzy butt that might be a good buddy. How close in age does a brooder mate need to be?

Back
Top Bottom