HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
If you can find a near by Orschelns farm and Home store, they have a great variety and they will sell you two! As long as you get the chickens that come in an Wednesday afternoon, (the store in Lawrenceburg) they are two days old when they get there. Buffs, Favorelles, leghorns, BPR, RIR's and many many more to choose from. Hope it helps.

Hi! I'm in the very southern part of the state, between Seymour and Scottsburg, just off I-65 near Austin, Indiana.

Just starting out with 5 LF Ameraucana (going to specialize with Splash and Blues), Delaware, & OEG RB-Black Bantam chickens.

We also have a pair of Silver Appleyard ducks, a Pekin trio, a Khaki trio, 4 Rouen ducklings, 2 unknown ducklings.... oh, and 3 blue Guineas. I hope to get started with White Chinese Geese this year, too.

My husband and I USED to be empty nesters!

Quote:
Thanks but the closest one seems to be in Huntington, about 60 miles from here. Gas prices being what they are, it would probably make more sense to buy 6. I'll keep trying locally though, before I do that!

Delmar I have chicks hatching next week. If I have some with bad toe placement I can let you know. I have 4 in the bator and 6 under a broody. I live close to Wolf Lake close to where 109 and 33 meet.

Last edited:
Quote:
She doesn't need a companion with bad toes but she does need a companion, and I am sure she wouldn't make fun of one with bad toes
frow.gif

Anyone around the Fort Wayne area know how to sex Blue Swedish ducks and want a male? I have 3 that are just over a month old and one quacks and 2 don't. If they are both males I would like to rehome the one.

Quote:
She doesn't need a companion with bad toes but she does need a companion, and I am sure she wouldn't make fun of one with bad toes
frow.gif

Sorry didn't mean to make that sound bad. I have Faverolles and some of the chicks have had toes closer together than they should. Nothing wrong with the toes other than spacing. Lol

Back
Top Bottom