HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
She doesn't need a companion with bad toes but she does need a companion, and I am sure she wouldn't make fun of one with bad toes
frow.gif

Not going to need that companion after all. My chick didn't make it!

Quote:
She doesn't need a companion with bad toes but she does need a companion, and I am sure she wouldn't make fun of one with bad toes
frow.gif

Oh no!
hugs.gif
I am sorry.

Quote:

Oh no!
hugs.gif
I am sorry.

It was sad, but we are moving on. I already have a dozen eggs saved for the next hatch and I have some ideas on improving the incubator.

Hey anyone know of anybody in southern Indiana that would have some white leghorn hens for sale. I am located near Bedford but am willing to travel within reason.

I am looking for young laying hens not chicks. I don't have the time or area to raise chicks right now.

Last edited:
83702_2010-10-11_142126.jpg

YES! Hoosier Pride is what I like to see!

My name is Hannah and my SO (significant other, of course) Travis and I live on an old dairy farm on the south side of Mishawaka with 90 acres of farm land. (Mishawaka is up near Notre Dame/South Bend if you're not familiar with our little town
wink.png
)

We currently have 1 red star roo, 3 RIR (although sometimes I wonder!) hens, 1 silkie girl (whose 2 companions were recently a meal for 2 possums.
hit.gif
but all is right with the world, because those possums now cease to exist
tongue2.gif
), and last week we hatched 8 chicks from our roo & 2 of the RIR girls (one hen refuses to lay for some reason
roll.png
) and we have 12 more in the incubator, set to hatch on the 30th. If you are interested in silkies and live in my area, get ahold of me. I have to segregate her because the other hens shun her and I know she must be lonely/depressed. I'm thinking of introducing her to our chicks when they get a little bigger and hoping that they will accept her in their pecking order, but we'll see
hmm.png
I'd rather her be with other silkies or banties, or with hens that won't treat her poorly!

We also have a pair of 'mini' pot-bellied pigs, Mama and Hammy, but I'm looking to sell Mama.. because she has not become a mama! (Our male is slightly smaller than Mama and he just can't seem to.. eermm, uh.. get where he needs to be, if you know what I mean..) She's almost a year old and definitely mature enough to make babies, Hammy just can't do the job. Get ahold of me if you're interested in owning your own Mama pig!

We also have a cat and a leopard gecko
big_smile.png
Neither of these are for sale, though!

I'm planting a 900 sq. ft. veg garden this year (although that might not be big enough), and am going to school for veterinary technology. Travis works as a roofing salesman, but his passion is carpentry. Our goal is to be as self sufficient as possible. We both enjoy hunting and have a freezer full of venison.
droolin.gif

I'm always interested in acquiring new chickens, feeders, waterers, coop building supplies, etc. and meeting other farmers/ranchers/good ol' boys & gals. We're just good ol' country folk who like simple living.

I hope to see all of you around the forums, and maybe around town!!

frow.gif

Hannah

83702_2010-07-25_121216.jpg
Mama and Hammy as little piglets! Aww!

83702_rocky.jpg
Rocky, our Red Star!

83702_rocky_barn.jpg
Rocky and our production girls, Goldie & No-name
wink.png

83702_2010-11-08_122615.jpg
The silkies
hit.gif

l.comNervousNellie :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/83702_2010-10-11_142126.jpg

YES! Hoosier Pride is what I like to see!

My name is Hannah and my SO (significant other, of course) Travis and I live on an old dairy farm on the south side of Mishawaka with 90 acres of farm land. (Mishawaka is up near Notre Dame/South Bend if you're not familiar with our little town
wink.png
)

Welcome from Goshen IN!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom