HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
My MIL just asked me if we were going this year. I told her we didn't know if it was happening this year
hu.gif

We just picked up a fancy assortment of layers from the post office this morning. My kids are having a blast trying to figure out what we have. Last week we got meat chickens with a free rare chick, turns out its a cookoo maran:D

Still waiting....we have been dipping their beaks in water and even using a syringe to give them some nourishment (added sugar to the water). We also separated them from the rest of the chicks. I think if we hadn't separated them they'd have died already. We'll see how it goes tonight. I hope they make it:/

So just got done candling all the salmon favorelle eggs from when my rooster died and none of them are any good. So there goes that hope, apparently he wasn't feeling good before he died either bc none of their eggs are any good. So still looking for a LF salmon favorelle rooster. PLEASE

Quote:
I am sorry. My old man died recently. Just went to sleep in the yard after we came inside. DD found him.

Totally sucks, but I am sure it had to alot to do with mites. I had a real problem with them this year. I also have cochins and they didn't seem to get them but the favorelles got em bad and I just could seem to get rid of em. My hens are doing good now but he just didn't tolerate the mites.

Back
Top Bottom