HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Martinsville Indiana, 140ish chickens of various breeds. When it dries out a bit and I can find some dry firewood there will be about 40% less chickens and less room in my deep freeze
smile.png

Mrs.brown I keep mine around 40% then jump it up to 60-65% during lockdown. I have had a 99% hatch on my own eggs withthat. Now my shipped eggs you don't want to know the hatch rate on.
he.gif

I live up by Columbia City so not way to far from you.

Anyone interested in some silkies, ?? Probly next week sometime, I'll be going through them and selling some. Also have a pr. of splash wheaten OEG's for sale, and some LF polish splash and white crested blacks.

Quote:
How many you got? I don't mind butchering but I'm not real fast yet so I don't tend to do more than 4 or 5 in a setting. Also I have been skinning rather than plucking if that makes a difference to you. I have never butchered anything but roos, which are good for the crock pot or for chicken and noodles but not so much for frying, so I figure loosing the skin is no big deal.

Quote:
Might be interested in a bantam ameraucana pullet tho if you ever have one available. Trade ya for my cornish girl.
lol.png

Still tryin to get down there to buy some goatmilk soap too!

Quote:
Might be interested in a bantam ameraucana pullet tho if you ever have one available. Trade ya for my cornish girl.
lol.png

Still tryin to get down there to buy some goatmilk soap too!

I might take you up on that !!

Quote:
How many you got? I don't mind butchering but I'm not real fast yet so I don't tend to do more than 4 or 5 in a setting. Also I have been skinning rather than plucking if that makes a difference to you. I have never butchered anything but roos, which are good for the crock pot or for chicken and noodles but not so much for frying, so I figure loosing the skin is no big deal.

I have a turkey and probably 3 birds---2 hens and a rooster. I'm thinking they would be tough, as they are older and the turkey is scrawny!

Back
Top Bottom