HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Hello-just found this thread. We are about 10 miles south of Winamac. If anyone has info about the swap meet at Knox can you pm me with it? I haven't looked in the whole thread yet but I doubt anyone is near me. Usually no one I find online is.

eta: guess I forgot to tell you about myself. We live on a small livestock farm where we raise beef cattle and sometimes hogs, and we also grow crops. We have 3 kids, age 12, 14 and 15 and all are homeschooled.

Last edited:
frow.gif
Hello gale65! Welcome to BYC and Hoosierland! We are in Valpariso.

Hi Fellow Chicken Folks, I am an older chicken mama from a few years ago trying to start again. I live in Springville. That's in the northwest corner of Lawrence county. Used to live in Greene county. I'm hatching my flock in the bator, 2 to be correct. But I would love some silkies to go in with my flock. So LAmom do you still have silkie chicks for sale. I would be will to make a road trip to pick them up. My new coop is completed and so empty. Let me know. So glad to have internet again:ya Renae
P.S. I'm interested in the amaeracanas too. Can I PM you my Number

Last edited:
I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in Bantam Cuckoo Marans. I have three pairs that I would like to sell. We hatched out these from eggs I bought from a BYC member. I have decided that I already have too many breeds right now. I am asking $40 a pair or $100 for all. I don't have any pictures but can try to get some in the next few days.

Anyone near Hobart have eating eggs for sale? I am making a trip to Meijer in Merrillville tomorrow late morning/early afternoon (Wednesday June 8), so something close/between? I have seen one place, but they haven't had their sign out for a while. I can even bring my own carton
smile.png

One of my white rock hens came off the nest with 16 chicks! It's funny to see her try to gather them up for bedtime--obviously they don't all fit under her wings.
So if anyone is interested in white rock chicks, they'll be ready to go in a few weeks.

I have birds out my wazoo...and eggs too....in case anybody is looking for some....lol

Turkeys, melanistic and silver pheasants, coturnix quail, chukars, runner and Welsh harlequin ducks, chicks, the occasional guinea keet, diamond doves, and even a zebra finch.

Last edited:
Quote:
Cuckoo Marans, Dominiques, Silkies, White Laced Red Cornish Bantams, Pearl OEGB....

I've got half a dozen Marans and a Dom or two that are over a week or so old, and 3 Silkies just hatched, and several more Marans and a few OEGBs are getting ready to hatch over the next couple days.

There'll be more Doms and Cornish and etc. a little later, more batches in the incubator.

Mine are not show quality. Just average good ol' farm birds. lol
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom