HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
Is Kramer a rooster or a hen?
lol.png

Hello, I am in Spencerville, IN
We are N.E of Fort Wayne. I have had chickens for about 9 years. Right now I have about 67, 40 were hatched this Spring. I started with Buff Orpingtons, picked up a few rescue Henny Red Stars, a few Cochins, and Black Orpingtons, I also have an Older Lavender Roo and two younger ones. Opps forgot about Edgar the Meanie an EE and his gal Henrietta a barred rock.

Quote:
If your other offer doesn't pan out, I have a 2-year-old black copper Marans rooster whose copper didn't turn out right--also his comb was frostbitten last winter. He's super gentle and takes care of the two ladies in the pen with him, who are light Brahmas--his mate got eggbound and died.

I don't want anything for him--just a good home, so if you (or anyone else) is interested, PM me. I'm at Westport, but my mom lives in Shelbyville, so up that way often.

115 heat index for today. It was 81 on the thermometer at 6:30 am - who knows with humidity factored in... Before he left for work, DH told me "It's okay if you need to put the chickens in the kitchen today." I was touched
hugs.gif
Having a small flock has it's benefits
smile.png

Quote:
No doubt! I had my d'uccles in yesterday. Poor Sweetiebird was panting and begging so in he went. My flock stayed out, poor things.

Oh, I am in Solsberry, Indiana. I show and breed chihuahuas on a small scale. New to chickens. Anyone else nearby with d'uccles let me know. Love to have more.

Back
Top Bottom