HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Did you dust just for that picture?
What a clean house you keep!
With my DH, his geriatric and litterboxphobic cat, 100lb long haired dog who loves to wallow in mud and then lie on our floor, I hardly ever get my house that clean. I clean every day about 2 hours, and 3+ hours on the weekends but it's more than I can keep up with since I also like to garden, spend quality time with the chickens, train the dog, take care of my Dad, cook dinner nightly, work full time.
Your home is soo clean!!!! Can I come over?? PS we have the same tiles.

Last edited:
Quote:
Here's the whole gang, except June Bug, who's in the peach basket nest box w/the wastebasket step stool.
37862_115_heat_index_005.jpg

Notice the thick layer of dust on the green antique iron I use as a doorstop - dust is a never ending battle here. I think if you dust well, whatever was dusted should remain dust free for at least a week!!! But two days later - film of dust
tongue.gif
I have a golden too, so I know about the hair
barnie.gif
. When our great dane came along, we both thought "Great! Short hair!! This'll be a breeze." Soooo wrong! At least golden hair is long and gobs up into miniature tumbleweeds. Little short great dane hairs fall where they may, and stick to EVERYTHING
hmm.png
I guess one benefit of having a small house is having less to clean. Your house is HUGE (and such a lovely setting) - I'd
th.gif
trying to stay on top of cleaning there.

Hope everyone's chickens did okay today! It keeps rumbling outside, so I'm
fl.gif
for a good downpour to hopefully cool things off a bit.

Quote:
Here's the whole gang, except June Bug, who's in the peach basket nest box w/the wastebasket step stool.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/37862_115_heat_index_005.jpg
Notice the thick layer of dust on the green antique iron I use as a doorstop - dust is a never ending battle here. I think if you dust well, whatever was dusted should remain dust free for at least a week!!! But two days later - film of dust
tongue.gif
barnie.gif
. When our great dane came along, we both thought "Great! Short hair!! This'll be a breeze." Soooo wrong! At least golden hair is long and gobs up into miniature tumbleweeds. Little short great dane hairs fall where they may, and stick to EVERYTHING
hmm.png
I guess one benefit of having a small house is having less to clean. Your house is HUGE (and such a lovely setting) - I'd
th.gif

fl.gif

No, we went with light tan matching grout, but I used epoxy grout. I will not stain and is easy to clean. Unfortuantely it is very hard to put down so I broke my shoulder and ripped the other doing it. At least it's easy to clean now.
Sorry you're 5 hours away from us. I'd love to have you come for the bonfire-open-house-chicken-people-and-their-Kids-and-pets-and-friends-meet-and-campout-party the weekend of August 20th. If you have plans to come this way anytime, you will be welcomed.- Bring the hounds! They'll be fun!

Last edited:
Quote:
Down here, between @ 4PM and 5PM it'd dropped 10 degrees yesterday!! Then the storms finally blew through and made it even nicer
smile.png
This morning was WONDERFUL!! Such a change from Tuesday morning
smile.png

Thanks Bluebird, about my girls - they're sweeties (well...everyone except the GLW, who I sometimes call Witchiepoo).

Paradise - Your get-together sounds fun, and I wish we were closer
sad.png
But if we're ever up that way, I'd love to see your place and your chickies
smile.png

Quote:
tongue.gif
barnie.gif
hmm.png
th.gif

fl.gif

Great Dane hair ugh....I'm a Collie fancier and have worked with a Sheltie rescue. I like my herding dogs but Dave isn't a fan of long hair because they shed too much. We have a Dane and we won't talk about how much hair of his is in the dryer vent when I was the sheets and things that cover the furniture. I don't think I'll ever be a Dane fan. They are nice dogs but not to my liking much...
And dust?? My dust bunnies growl at me...............

Quote:
tongue.gif
barnie.gif
hmm.png
th.gif

fl.gif

Great Dane hair ugh....I'm a Collie fancier and have worked with a Sheltie rescue. I like my herding dogs but Dave isn't a fan of long hair because they shed too much. We have a Dane and we won't talk about how much hair of his is in the dryer vent when I was the sheets and things that cover the furniture. I don't think I'll ever be a Dane fan. They are nice dogs but not to my liking much...
And dust?? My dust bunnies growl at me...............

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Hello, fellow Hoosiers and neighbors! Just a reminder that Chickenstock is approaching--August 6. Hope to see a lot of you there. If you have items for the raffle, let Phoenix Feather Farm know what you have so that it can be organized.

'Nuther note--a group is starting a monthly poultry/small animal swap at the UPI stockyards in Little York from 7 AM till noon on the fourth Saturday of the month. The address is 10050 East Bush Road, Scottsburg, IN 47170. I went in June and there weren't a lot of vendors there,
sad.png
but hopefully it will grow as the word gets out. We need something in this part of the state!
D.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom