HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Oh yes, duh! Well is anyone here in Indiana getting anything special for spring? I am and I cant wait for them to arrive. New chick comming.... Lemon cuckoo Orpingtons, some marans, splash, balck copper, and blue. Also Lavender Americanans. Last spring I got some Lavender Orpingtons they are HUGE and lovely. I cant believe how big they are (all hens). Also Id like to put a shout out for the white crested polish hens... couldnt be sweeter, and they lay every dang day. Yes the egg is small but as time goes on they will lay a medium egg. But friendly and fun to look at. Just incse anyone is contempleting getting some. What is everyone elso getting? Also om handsome rooster (sweet as sugar) really! has leg mites, now im the type of girl who will try anything natural first, so i pouredand rubbed in baby oil then dusted the with DI, I will let you guys know if it helps. But if anyone has any quams about DI? I have lots of use for it great stuff, natural, and cheap. And have luck 100 percent of the time with it. If I can answer any questions about it let me know.

I'm not doing chicks this year (I'm sure going to miss having fuzzy butts around
sad.png
). I'm trying a few serama this spring instead - got a pair this week and will pick up another one or two pullets in March. They sure are cutie pies - so tiny!!
love.gif

I'm getting a batch of Cornish X next month. I should have them finished just in time for my big batch of spring chicks to come the first week of May. My order is for Dorkings, Delaware's, White Rocks, and standard Cornish with an Orpington and two Black Copper Marans thrown in for good measure. :) I also just found out it's going to work out for me to be able to order three midget whites turkeys to try and they're going to come that same week, too!
wee.gif

Hi guys, I haven't been here forever, but with spring slowly approaching I'm starting to get a hatching fever.
I'm looking for laced (buff, or black and white) polish hatching eggs. Can you guys recommend someone?
Also, is there any chicken show planned any time soon in Bloomington, IN?

Thanks

Let's have an exclusive thread just for us Hoosiers; after all, we ARE the best looking of all men, strongest of all women, and all of our children are above average, i.e., Garrison Keillor has nothing on us. Let's make ourselves known to one another.

Introduce yourself and/or your chickens. Have a question or information to share? Need help? Want to buy or to sell something? Know any gossip?

From just outside of Bloomington in monroe county, new to the forum, and would love to learn a lot before jumping into it because of chickens being living critters.

Gateway Poulty show on April 14.

gatewaypoultryshows.com

Will be other shows around south central Indiana this spring as well.

Hi guys, I haven't been here forever, but with spring slowly approaching I'm starting to get a hatching fever.
I'm looking for laced (buff, or black and white) polish hatching eggs. Can you guys recommend someone?
Also, is there any chicken show planned any time soon in Bloomington, IN?

Thanks

Well, we're finally going to do it! Firmed up the laws in our area and we can have three hens. We're going to go to a farm supply store next week to look at chicks!

Back
Top Bottom