HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Woo Hoo! It's 58* out! But wow is it windy! Redwing blackbirds are back!
ya.gif

I am loving the warmth and sunshine today . winds are pretty strong, Chickens are loving it,all are sun bathing in the grass.Turkeys are courting each other . Spring fever and love is in the air for the turkeys. Feel bad for all the tornado victims. that is very sad!

I'm loving the warmer temps--haven't had any heat for 10 days. I've sold my place on contract and told the buyer last spring that the boiler was on its way out and have hounded him ever since. He waited until it completely blew to do anything and, of course, heating companies were backed up. It's a work in progress now, thank heaven. My electric bill will be astronomical from running the space heaters.
'Nough whining--I'm enjoying my chickens and have several for sale as soon as I can get pics taken and posted. They don't pose easily!

Yes, I grew that pumpkin in 2007. It weighed 678 lbs and is considered a small one in the giant pumpkin growers circles....but I was very happy with it! I did a lot of work to the soil prior to planting and I got the right seed. It does take a lot of work throughout the year also (pruning, weeding, culling, etc)..

Hi Fellow Hoosiers!

I am currently incubating eggs for the very first time. I am very excited. If all goes well, I would like to keep incubating eggs all spring and summer. I hope to sell chicks and augment my flock. Do any of you have any eggs to sell? I prefer if you're in the Indianapolis area. I am most interested in purebred laying stock, but would also consider mixed breeds. I don't want to deal with ordering eggs through the mail or paying shipping. I want to know that if a hatch fails, it was probably my fault and not a shipping problem!

Back
Top Bottom