HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Hello everyone, I am from Franklin County. I just got into the chickens and I have quickly became addicted!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
Ty pbirdhaven for the suggestion to this thread.

So anyone vending at the Wolf Lake Swap this coming Saturday? This is my first time going. While I am going to try and be good and not buy anything, I may not be able to pass on some silkies, marans, EE, or peachicks if there are any available.

Thanks for the reminder about the wolf lake swap! I had forgotten all about it...not selling anything, but I'll probably try to go (if I can convince DH), might try to find some EEs, Marans, or Polish...

How are my Hoosiers in this 112 degrees today with heat index?
We now have water conservation here in Carroll Co. as well.
One neighbors well went dry and another had sand in their tub last night.

Hope we're not next.
fl.gif

I wondered how wells would be doing this year. DH said all the irrigating is hard on the water table (I know nothing about that kind of thing) and a lot of people are concerned about their wells. It is so HOT here. A poor guy hauling a horse trailer with two horses in it took the turn wrong near our house and was stuck in a kind of jackknife . I felt awful for him and dh wasn't home to pull him straight and we don't have any close neighbors to call. Luckily the grain elevator is right across the highway so I called them and they sent a guy out with a pickup to help him out.

Thanks for the reminder about the wolf lake swap! I had forgotten all about it...not selling anything, but I'll probably try to go (if I can convince DH), might try to find some EEs, Marans, or Polish...
Too bad you're way up there and I'm way down here. I have some nice BCM and Polish youngsters--too hot to haul them up to the swap, though.

Hope everyone's birds are doing ok! We are changing waterers out every 2 hours from 8 am to 11 pm here. I actually left the sprinkler going in our goat/ potbellied pig lot for about 4 hours today and that lot is now bone dry again. We have not (knock on wood) lost any animals yet.

How are my Hoosiers in this 112 degrees today with heat index?

I remember getting two days in a row of horrible heat last summer, something like a heat index of 118 and 115. But then it dropped back down to normal hot. This day after day after day after day of intense heat, humidity (with no rain) is horrible!! I'm trying to focus on next Monday, when it's supposed to drop to 90 and below.
My coops are so junked up with boards leaning for extra shade and fans everywhere - I just feel SO badly for the birds! I did bring my serama chickens in for several hours today - just threw old sheets down in the bathroom floors. I put them back outside at 6:30. Guess I'll repeat tomorrow since it's supposed to be a little hotter tomorrow than it was today in my area...
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom