HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I remember getting two days in a row of horrible heat last summer, something like a heat index of 118 and 115. But then it dropped back down to normal hot. This day after day after day after day of intense heat, humidity (with no rain) is horrible!! I'm trying to focus on next Monday, when it's supposed to drop to 90 and below.
My coops are so junked up with boards leaning for extra shade and fans everywhere - I just feel SO badly for the birds! I did bring my serama chickens in for several hours today - just threw old sheets down in the bathroom floors. I put them back outside at 6:30. Guess I'll repeat tomorrow since it's supposed to be a little hotter tomorrow than it was today in my area...
sad.png
I'm looking forward to it, too! We had box fans roped to the outside of the run today to try to help. And we bought a bag of ice to throw some in every now and then, they love to pick at it.

Quote: That sounds like a good idea! I have a couple of milk jugs full of water frozen and in the chicken yard...all the birds are staying in the shade all day long, only running around in the early morning and later evening. DH and I just had to go out and catch all of the girls to clip their wings though, which riled everyone up quite a bit...but it was necessary as they were getting over the 5' fence into the garden and where the dogs could chase/catch them. We are also changing water more frequently, as well as feeding cold watermelon and other fruits.

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Were the rest of you Hoosiers doing this today???? We're actually sitting on 73 degrees here right now!!! We peaked about 106 yesterday, and was still near 100 by this time yesterday evening. The chickens are doing a happy dance and so was I after the storm clouds rolled in and the temps began dropping today!!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Were the rest of you Hoosiers doing this today???? We're actually sitting on 73 degrees here right now!!! We peaked about 106 yesterday, and was still near 100 by this time yesterday evening. The chickens are doing a happy dance and so was I after the storm clouds rolled in and the temps began dropping today!!!
Lovin it!! My chickens stood out int he brief rain we had, they were so excited for the cool weather!
celebrate.gif

It's 76 here now and I'm eating it up!
yippiechickie.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Oh it is just awesome all my chickens are so happy .. . .they are running around and enjoying the cool breeze and just clucking like no tomorrow!!!
celebrate.gif

Nothing like sitting on the porch and watching them all enjoy and enjoying my self!!!

We had a big storm blow through yesterday afternoon and after gathering all the chicks, chickens and keets( they were being blown sideways when trying to walk which was quite comical) and putting them under cover it finally cooled off. Once the storm passed and we let everyone free range it was a delight to watch. They were running and flying and having the best time. Nobody really wanted to go to bed last night and it was dark by the time they were worn out and ready to go into the coops. We enjoyed sitting and watching all the antics!

Hey guys, I'm having a CHICKEN GARAGE SALE :

Dominiques,
LF Brahmas,
Ducks, (out of my SQ white call drake. Hen is mixed but not much bigger then my calls) 6 in all black and blue bibbed, snowy and white.
guineas keets,
silkies,
cornish (LF and Bantam)
. not sure what else. alot of pullets, prices depend on age, sex and quality. These are mostly out of show stock

i'M in Greencastle, you can email (please do not PM) me for directions.
[email protected]

Hey guys, I'm having a CHICKEN GARAGE SALE :

Dominiques,
LF Brahmas,
Ducks, (out of my SQ white call drake. Hen is mixed but not much bigger then my calls) 6 in all black and blue bibbed, snowy and white.
guineas keets,
silkies,
cornish (LF and Bantam)
. not sure what else. alot of pullets, prices depend on age, sex and quality. These are mostly out of show stock

i'M in Greencastle, you can email (please do not PM) me for directions.
[email protected]
What is an LF Brahama? Sorry still learning.

Back
Top Bottom