HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

We didnt get nothing here and its still hot hot hot !!!!
What??? You guys are still triple digits????
th.gif
We've been in the 80s since the "cold front" came through, and today are supposed to hit 90/91, but that's a LOT better than where we were in my area!!! We didn't get much in the way of rain, was hoping for a lot more.
sad.png

Deedee - LF Brahma just means a brahma chicken that's full/regular sized (large fowl) rather than a bantam breed.

Hello everyone. I've been on here for awhile and I'm having a hard time finding the chicks I am looking for. I have silkies and I'm looking for black and splash. I live in Floyd county, if anyone close has any or knows someone that does, can you please contact me. I have white, partridge and I believe buff, pretty sure I have more cockerels than pullets and will be re homing some when they get bigger and I decide which ones I want. I am pretty sure I have at least 4 cockerels out of 10, 2 more I believe are but not as sure as the others. Looking to add 3 or 4 but wanting pullets even interested in older birds, don't have to be chicks.

Still no rain and its still getting 98 we are still under a no burn band there has been 30 grass fires around the area. I have tubs of water every where for the chickens the ground is so dry and the grass feels like needles on your feet walking barefoot. We all need to do a Indian dance to get some rain !!

Last edited:
Still hot and dry here too...temps still in the 90's, and still no rain. The crops all look terrible. A farmer in our area checked his corn, because it had gotten ears on it already...he said there were zero kernels on the ear. I hope for their sakes that all of the farmers got crop insurance this year! Unfortunately, it'll mean higher food/feed prices nation wide. Keep praying for rain everyone!

Last edited:
Ours just started @10:12 - we'll see whether it lasts more than 5 or 10 minutes
fl.gif
I let the big girls into the garden this morning and told them to "have at" the tomatoes. Other than my grape and cherry varieties, everything else is withered and dying
sad.png
I'm hoping the beans and corn will still do okay if we can keep some rain going. I'm doing a small garden next year so I can keep it watered if needed.

Back
Top Bottom