HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

The chick is taller than most but it just seems to be growing its feathers slower. It does have feathers on its feet but not as thick or full as the rest. This chick came from the same parents as the rest of my chicks. The parents were 2 splash roos and a calico, I think or partridge. Not sure what you would call his coloring. The hens were white, black and buff- red. I believe they are buff but the lady said red.The chick in the back is the bird I sent you the picture of. It looked just like the rest of the chicks until they started feathering out really good, thats when this one fell behind. I also think it is a cockerel.Same chick again in front of one of my buff colored chicks. You can see the feathering on the feet but it is very thin. Keep in mind these are not SQ silkies, just pets from a ladies back yard. I just have no clue what color he is going to be or if he is a silkie, he is very sweet tempered and calm one of the first to greet me every morning. This chick just has me stumped.

I was wondering if anyone around New Albany or in Floyds Knobs would be interested in incubation eggs for me or going in on an order of chicks. I have never ordered chicks and had them shipped but I want some black or splash silkies, I am pretty sure I have more cockerels than pullets and would really like to get more chicks to try for more girls. If anyone is interested, let me know please.

Suppose to be 101 tomorrow. Still no rain. Getting worried about our well now.
I've been rain dancing, not helping!

I was wondering if anyone around New Albany or in Floyds Knobs would be interested in incubation eggs for me or going in on an order of chicks. I have never ordered chicks and had them shipped but I want some black or splash silkies, I am pretty sure I have more cockerels than pullets and would really like to get more chicks to try for more girls. If anyone is interested, let me know please.

Looking at the pics of the baby chicks, the two are adorable and have partridge markings and pretty pale coloring. The second pic still shows the darker lines on the back as in partridge and now the color looks like it could be splash. The chick looks like it is going to be very pretty and that makes for just as wonderful a pet as a SQ. The roos have sweet dispositions on average and usually all get along if given enough space to roam around. Just don't keep them cramped up together.

There are some breeders and of course hatcherys that will sell chicks and ship them. The problem with Silkies is that they are harder to sex when are young so you end up with straight run chicks. If you are going to order chicks or think about incubating eggs, wait until the weather cools some. You may be very disappointed if you try to have either shipped in this heat.

Enjoy your chicks!

I know that silkie roos get along together if they were brought up together but I have more of them than I do girls. I worry more about the abuse my girls will take than I do the boys fighting. I have 10 and out of my first 6 I have 4 cockerels and 2 pullets. I have 4 whites and I can't tell what they will be yet, same age as my others but came from someone else. I was hoping the weird colored chick was a splash, it will be staying along with one of my partridge cockerels but the rest I will have to get rid of, which I'm not looking forward to. So attached to all my babies. They are enjoying some outside time today before work, the seem to be enjoying themselves and the sun.

There is a lady in Brandenburg ky outside of corydon who has offered to hatch me some eggs next year. I learned about her when hubby's ex co- worker got a Marian pullet from her.

Does anyone close to Franklin county have fertile eggs? Just got an incubator and my kids and I can not wait to get a batch going!!!
wee.gif

Hi! I am in NW Indiana, and new to chickens. I just ordered a batch of 25! I got a "rainbow layer" special which I am hoping will be a good mix of some beautiful breeds! Also, I was wondering if anyone in the area has some silkie bantam pullets or hens for sale?

Back
Top Bottom