Hoover’s Mystic Onyx

Thats cool I plan on crossing them with sumatras and ameraucanas. Also aiming for blue eggs and possibly bearded but also the flat tail of the sumatra. Plus they're both good free rangers which is nice. Who knows maybe ill get a 5 toed, bearded, blue egger, fibro, hen or a 5 toed, 2 spurred, flat tail, bearded, fibro, rooster one day.
My dream outcome is essentially fully-fibro easter eggers, but I don't think I'll ever quite get there. I like having variation in the flock anyway, the biggest thing for me is just that the fibro is complete and they're hardy, productive, independent birds. I'll probably keep some of the cooler looking incomplete fibro ones, too.

Soo update time i guess I gave away 12 chicks last week and am down to 6 fully fibro. Of the 12 I kept 2 died of unown reasons and 4 disappeared after refusing to return to the coop. The last 6 have had no issues so far. Looking forward to when my ameraucanas and sumatras get here.

I got 3 of them around April.
They seem to be doing great. One of three has vivid red flares around the hackle area. The other two are completely black.
Could this mean 2 females and 1 male?
Though all three seem to have similar comb development.
And all three have 5 toes on each foot.

I’d be interested to know if the red flares are a strictly male trait, or some of the girls can have that coloration as well?

Someday I’d love to have one hen with red flares, if it exists! I think it’d be a pretty combo.

I’d be interested to know if the red flares are a strictly male trait, or some of the girls can have that coloration as well?

Someday I’d love to have one hen with red flares, if it exists! I think it’d be a pretty combo.
I asked Hoover's and they assured me that it was certain that females would not have coloring

Back
Top Bottom