Hoover's -- crossing my fingers

Thanks, all!

Janie -- no, I'm in TN. I've tried to get the BYC to add my location, but it refuses to do it unless I also add a lot of info I don't want to give it. Very weird.

I've ordered from Ideal for years -- I recommend them. If you do have losses, they are very good about refunds.

If you do mail order, you just have to accept that sometimes you'll have losses. It's one of those sad facts of life -- not every chick makes it!
I'm not too far from Ideal (2 hrs drive) and I do have some hens from there just not mailed. I probably have some Hoover chicks too (TSC) and all my feed store chicks have been healthy and are good layers. They do miss label them frequently, but that like getting a suprise!
I lived in the Cumberland mountains for about 14 yrs., raised 2 kids there and started on another before moving back home to Texas. I love Tennessee, esp. The mountains and the waterfalls. I've tried to get my bff, who is still living there to join BYC.
Anyway, keep us all updated.

I bred Marans for a little while. I had black coppers and wheatens. I liked the birds, and the eggs were fun, but I got reeeeeeeaaaaally tired of all the politics and money-grubbing. I burned out on all that very quickly.

But when I had Marans, the wheatens were my favorites. So I'm getting a few again, just to go in my non-breeding flock and have a little fun with.

@Janie -- I've lived in TN most of my life. Grew up in Nashville, then lived in Knoxville, then in Salt Lake City, then back to Knoxville, and now I live between Nashville and Carthage. Yes, I like the state too!

I got 10 turkeys poults from Hoover's about 3 weeks ago. They arrived on time and alive. Unfortunately we lost 2 the first couple of days. I'd expected this after reading turkey poults don't ship well. Hoover's was great about am immediate credit. The other 8 are growing like weeds. Sweet little birds, too. I'd definitely use this hatchery again even with the losses. They had great prices and low number of minimum birds (at least for turkeys).

I think you'll be very happy with your new chicks. When do they ship? Can't wait for pics.

IMG_20190801_141128491.jpg

I'm so excited for both of you! Chicks in the mail has an excitement factor almost second to none. Can't wait to see pictures and hear some updates as the settle in. I'll have to reread this thread to see what everyone ordered.

My Hoover's turkeys are still doing well. Funny little birds. I think I like turkeys.
View attachment 1891199
Awww, love your turkeys!!!

My chicks are suppose to ship today. Waiting on my email.:thheres what I’m getting :

4 FRENCH BLACK COPPER MARANS Female [Marek's vaccination]
4 FRENCH WHEATEN MARANS Female [Marek's vaccination]
4 SALMON FAVEROLLE Female [Marek's vaccination]
3 SAPPHIRE GEM Female [Marek's vaccination]
Very exciting! Best of luck with k with the shipping!!!:fl

I got my shipment email today (errr... yesterday now... Wednesday). Crossing my fingers!

I also semi-unexpectedly got a shipment of baby duckies today. I say semi-unexpectedly because I actually ordered these ducklings back in the spring, but for various reasons the seller wasn't able to actually ship me any til this week and didn't even tell me they'd be coming til a couple of days ago. Surprise! I am very happy to have them -- adding to my Ancona flock -- and I sure hope they do well! Aaaaand then I'm expecting some Cayugas next week, just 'cause I like em. It's gonna be busy around here for a while!

Back
Top Bottom