Hoovers Hatchery Experience

B_Chickle01

Songster
Nov 11, 2020
Stephentown,Ny
Not sure if this is under correct topic..if not my apologies. So was curious who on here had chicks shipped from Hoover’s Hatchery the past month or so and what was your experience? This year has been a nightmare for us!! They were late shipping our D’Uccles really late! Sunday we had to cull one because it was suffering then today I ran to the end of my road quick to get my girls off the bus ran right back in and seriously in 5mins time lost another! Also wanted to add today i went back and picked up another D’Uccle to replace the one lost from Sunday they said they ordered extra incase of losing some from shipping stress and the one they had there(shipped from Hoover with rest) has scissor beak but I didn’t have the heart to tell them i didn’t want her because of it like everyone else so they end up culled. So now that i went on this big spiel anyone who went with Hoover’s dealing with similar situation or what?! I attached pic of my little sweety with scissor beak she’s adorable!

Attachments

• 9A881E52-B071-4D6F-BC6B-05A88A2897C7.jpeg
    9A881E52-B071-4D6F-BC6B-05A88A2897C7.jpeg
    304.7 KB · Views: 38
Hi B_Chickle01, sorry to hear about your experience.

We purchase 10 Cornish Cross from Hoover (via tractor supply) 3 weeks ago and have been documenting/posting as we go. Below is a link to our thread on BYC if you are curious. So far, we have been very pleased (note that we are green when it comes to chickens). Hopefully your experience was an outlier and we didn't just get lucky.

Thread '10 Count Cornish Cross from Hoover Hatchery (via Tractor Supply)' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...m-hoover-hatchery-via-tractor-supply.1497557/

(Hopefully that link works)

We ordered in August and it was a smooth, positive experience. Ordered ten, one DOA, but everyone else very energetic and still thriving. It would make me nervous to ship with this weather being cooler, but I know people do all the time

We ordered in August and it was a smooth, positive experience. Ordered ten, one DOA, but everyone else very energetic and still thriving. It would make me nervous to ship with this weather being cooler, but I know people do all the time

We are happy with them thus far and will likely order from them again. I understand your thoughts on being cooler. We were thinking similarly during the heat wave this year and being to hot.

Back
Top Bottom