Hoover's Rainbow Chickens

Freethinker77

In the Brooder
Jul 7, 2017
HI everyone! First time posting here so bare with me.
I've bought a lot of chicks from Hoover's from Broilers for my husband to eggs layers and sweethearts for myself and never any problems, Until I decided to buy some rainbow chickens. I have over 100 healthy, thriving chickens except for 10 Rainbows. They are large chickens that seem to grow pretty fast, supposed to be a dual purpose breed, very beautiful, however they have issues I can not figure out. They lay around, do very little walking, shaky legs, some are steady growing, some are not. I've treated them for worms, Cocci, vitamin's and even done a Neocropsy on the most sickly looking one. No mereks, no worms. They all eat and drink well, eyes look great, skin looks great, I've checked them head to toe sometime's more than once a day and still have no clue what's going on UNLESS it's heat stress. Unless their unable to with stand this humid Texas heat like my others. I have put a mister out, there's plenty of shade, I have huge fans set up in several different locations as they free range and I place frozen water bottles everywhere every morning and still no change in them in 2 months. They don't seem to be getting worse, just standing in a weak legged state. Any clues of what I may be missing? It's only the rainbows both hens and roosters.

Welcome aboard! :frow
We are glad you joined our flock.
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

If they are meat bird chickens, they mature fast and need to be "processed," before their body gives out on them. I'm sure heat aggravates the situation. You should also ask the seller, and get advice from them.

Back
Top Bottom