Hopefully I get my ducks in the morning...

I ended up using tin snips and cuttin down both sides of my two tubs making a "doorway" and then I drilled 5 holes through both tubs and zip tied them together and wrapped all those edges with duct tape. I put a piece of shelf ling over the edge between the two tubs for traction. They have been having a blast! Running back and forth. On the side without food I am using the reptile heat emitter? I think that is what it is called. So far so good. It is keeping that side at 90. The other side has their waterer in a pie pan and that is in the middle of two feeders. They have been running around like little jumping beans back and forth then they crash for awhile under the heat. :) I don't like heat lamps and truthfully the reptile lamp gets HOT. I thought the Victor flea trap looked too small but the ducklings could definitely squeeze under it. The goslings....no. I also have a heating pad. Still may use that. I had a heat lamp explode on me and that emitter gets HOT. I worry about some freak slip up and it falling into the brooder. :( I'm a worry wart. :)

I am so glad. We are excited to get our little brood. I set up a Co-op with some other lady's to cut the shipping. I was planning on only getting fore ducks but some lady's backed out last minute so I am getting six. I don't mind though. I am getting 3 Welsh, 2 Cayuga and 1 white layer.

You are going to love them! I knew they would be messy and boy nobody exaggerated but they are just so darn cute....and funny. And they are soooo soft....like little puff balls. It is going to be constant cleaning but but I so don't mind. I have loved ducks all my life and now I have my own! And the goslings! I intend them to just be pets and they have names already....Anna and Bates. :) They are adorable too. :)

Back
Top Bottom