Hopefully right DE

k625

Songster
12 Years
Aug 14, 2007
Florida
Alrighty, I ordered the correct DE I hope directly from perma guard. I am going to dust the coop with it, but also want to put some in food. I have one of the gallon feeders, I guess is what it is. I wanted to know how much to put in the feed. I know everyone says 2% but I suck at math, I need to know tablespoons per gallon or something like that if you could please. Thanks so much everyone, hope this is the right stuff this time!!
100_1454.jpg

That's the right stuff!!
big_smile.png

2% of a 50 lb bag of feed would be 1 lb. I usually just mix in a cup here and a cup there as I'm pouring the feed from the bag into the rubbermaid bin i keep it in. It doesn't have to be scientificly perfect measurements...I hope. My girls are still very healthy with me just guesssing.
big_smile.png

Well,...its says 2% by -weight- on that package. And I don't know how much a gallon of feed weighs. You'd have to weigh a gallon of feed and then multiply that weight by .02 to get the real ratio of feed to DE.

If you just went by volume, 1 gallon =128oz. and 2% of 128oz = 2.56oz/gallon.

(i think.....)

I can't get ahold of DE anywhere near me! I called Perma-Guard directly, and they referred me to a place that sells it in Michigan....about 3 hours away from me! I called that place, and they referred me to a guy who buys from them that's about an hour from me. I thought maybe I could "piggyback" an order on his the next time he ordered, but I called & left a voicemail for him a week ago, and he hasn't called back. I can't drive 3 hours away to pick some up, and I can't afford the shipping for a large bag. I'm so frustrated about not having DE that I could scream!:mad:

I called the rep from custom milling in my area. I was told by custom milling the DE was PermaGuard. When it got here (200 lbs) it was not permaguard. I looked up the brand on the internet and they did not recommend the DE for animal use on their website. I sent it all back. So much for trying not to have shipping charges!
hmm.png

I trust only PermaGuard.

Thank you guys, especially for the math help.
Wynette- I dont see why perma guard did that, when I called I just told them that I wanted a 5lb bad shipped to fl, and it was around $21 or so I think, maybe a little more. Just go to this site http://www.perma-guard.com/paypal_zone4.html You are in Michigan you said? That is zone 4 like me here in Fl, just call the number at the bottom, or you can order offline. That should work for ya!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom