hoping for a boy :) pictures

biblehugger

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 7, 2013
i love this guy (well, i hope he is a guy). we named him pecker because he would peck our fingers when he was in the brooder. He is our only turkey (our other poult didnt make it) and he lives with our chickens cause we dont have another turkey right now. I think he is a boy because he has some tail feathers that he brings up like boys do.. is this a good assumption?? <3

i love this guy (well, i hope he is a guy). we named him pecker because he would peck our fingers when he was in the brooder. He is our only turkey (our other poult didnt make it) and he lives with our chickens cause we dont have another turkey right now. I think he is a boy because he has some tail feathers that he brings up like boys do.. is this a good assumption?? <3
Hens will also strut a little bit when young. You will have to wait a while to be sure.
Looks like a Broad-breasted white?

Idk the breed for sure. There were bronze ones and these, and they said it'd be a white one :) soooooo hoping for a boy beauty

Very cute! FWIW, the two poults that I lost to blackhead were the only two that did the tail up strut and their necropsies said they were boys. None of my other did it and they're all girls, so you could be right about his sex, but my experience with raising poults is limited to just the seven.

Back
Top Bottom