Hoping for Silkies and a Cochin

Damiana

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 12, 2013
We went to Atwoods the other day, and I couldn't help myself when I spotted the feather-footed chick with black skin in amongst the Assorted Bantams. So I picked out every chick with feathered feet (which totaled 5) and brought them home, and I'm fairly sure I ended up with four Silkies and a Cochin. (Atwoods gets their chicks from Ideal, btw) I just wanted to submit their pictures and see if I guessed their colors right, and to make sure I got the breeds right.

I'm saying Partridge Silkie

I have no idea, Buff Silkie maybe?

White Silkie

Black Silkie?

And this is what I'm crossing my fingers is a Buff Cochin...

No idea, but they are cute!! Atwood's is a bad place to go alone. Ours had some cute little bantams in the assorted bin with puffs on their heads that I wanted. I even tried the "We just moved our chicks to the big coop, so now our brooder box is empty" argument and sadly it didn't work on the Hubby. :)

Empty nest syndrome! Lol, it was a bad place to go..I had three chicks at home, and we have 15 on the way from Murray Mcmurray, but no bantams and these were just so perfect! I'm lucky too, the only kind of chicken my husband wanted me to get was a bantam buff cochin, so he's pretty excited
yippiechickie.gif

They are so cute!! The bottom one looks just like the buff Cochin that I got on Friday, but mine is standard, not bantam. I was going to special order one through the little family owned feed store nearby, but they just happened to have 2 the day I was there. I still think I will order a blue one though. I also picked up a very sweet crested bantam who is so sweet!! Much friendlier than any of the egg layers that I got the same day. He/she just stands there and lets me pick her up and is quite happy to sit on my lap. The only thing is that the bantams get sent as a straight run assortment, so I have no idea if it is a pullet or roo. Makes it hard for naming. Here she is, if anybody has any ideas what exactly she is.

No idea, but they are cute!! Atwood's is a bad place to go alone. Ours had some cute little bantams in the assorted bin with puffs on their heads that I wanted. I even tried the "We just moved our chicks to the big coop, so now our brooder box is empty" argument and sadly it didn't work on the Hubby. :)
That's why I don't take hubby with me. He loves them once they are in the "brooder" (huge sterilite tub in my dining room), but of course, doesn't think we need them when we are anywhere where I might purchase them. Once they are home though, I catch him in there baby-talking to them.
lau.gif

They are so cute!! The bottom one looks just like the buff Cochin that I got on Friday, but mine is standard, not bantam. I was going to special order one through the little family owned feed store nearby, but they just happened to have 2 the day I was there. I still think I will order a blue one though. I also picked up a very sweet crested bantam who is so sweet!! Much friendlier than any of the egg layers that I got the same day. He/she just stands there and lets me pick her up and is quite happy to sit on my lap. The only thing is that the bantams get sent as a straight run assortment, so I have no idea if it is a pullet or roo. Makes it hard for naming. Here she is, if anybody has any ideas what exactly she is.

I'd guess Gold-Laced Polish...Its adorable! So hard to look at any chicks anywhere, its so hard to say no. And I love finding special breeds just by chance :) Its a great surprise.

2 Partridge Silkies
1 Buff Silkie
1 Black COCHIN (check out that little pink/yellow comb- which appears to be a straight comb. All of my black Cochins have a black wash on their feet)
1 Buff Cochin

Super cute!
Nikki

Quote: That's why I don't take hubby with me. He loves them once they are in the "brooder" (huge sterilite tub in my dining room), but of course, doesn't think we need them when we are anywhere where I might purchase them. Once they are home though, I catch him in there baby-talking to them.
lau.gif
Mine is the same way!! Lol he loves the chicks as much as I do I think and probably worries about them more!

Back
Top Bottom