Horse Chat Thread!

I love this thread :love
I had always wanted a horse. So when I turned 30 (yes I’m THAT old) I bought one ... on the hoof. That means he was headed for slaughter so his cost was by the pound. My friend saw him and called me (she’s a vet and a ranch girl) and talked me into him. He was on a ranch in Idaho and had torn a muscle in his shoulder and could no longer hold cattle when ropped. We transported him to Nevada and the day they backed him out of the trailer all I could say was GeeWiz! 16 hands of a gorgeous deep dark bay thoroughbred quarter horse X stunning!! Gate trained smart gentle. I rode him bareback (didn’t even have my saddle yet) he was such an incredible animal. So... I kinda crashed this thread...sorry. Mr G (that’s what i called him) would let me put my Catalina McCaw on the saddle and we ride for hours. One of the best times in my life. I’ve always loved horses so of course I had to come peek. :oops:

Nice!
You didn't crash this thread!

I love this thread :love
I had always wanted a horse. So when I turned 30 (yes I’m THAT old) I bought one ... on the hoof. That means he was headed for slaughter so his cost was by the pound. My friend saw him and called me (she’s a vet and a ranch girl) and talked me into him. He was on a ranch in Idaho and had torn a muscle in his shoulder and could no longer hold cattle when ropped. We transported him to Nevada and the day they backed him out of the trailer all I could say was GeeWiz! 16 hands of a gorgeous deep dark bay thoroughbred quarter horse X stunning!! Gate trained smart gentle. I rode him bareback (didn’t even have my saddle yet) he was such an incredible animal. So... I kinda crashed this thread...sorry. Mr G (that’s what i called him) would let me put my Catalina McCaw on the saddle and we ride for hours. One of the best times in my life. I’ve always loved horses so of course I had to come peek. :oops:

He sounds like an amazing horse!!

@kidcody if you have not found a home for him yet you could also try posting in the Washington state thread on here! And I recommend asking for at least a small fee just so he doesn’t end up going to slaughter or something. Sadly a lot of free animals, dogs, cats, horses, small animals, etc. end up being abused or sold for slaughter or to research facilities. I don’t mean to scare you at all but he sounds like a special horse and I wouldn’t want him to end up in the wrong hands so I would ask at least maybe a couple hundred or something

Back
Top Bottom