Horse eats chick ... Shocking

How thick and hard to break are the bones of chicks? Horses are not designed to eat meat, let alone eat bones. Horses do not normally or should eat any meat. They are known to eat meat to supplement their diet just like dogs who eat grass once in a while. It is not recommend at all. Some places do feed their horses with meat since they lack something. This horse may not be getting many nutrients. I highly don't recommend feeding them that they shouldn't have. Some parts of the world, some people do feed them meat but since they lack supplement. When this happens, blame the human and not the animal. He doesn't have any grass (food) so when presented with this chick. He may be hungry or lacking something

Horses can not process meat in any way, they do not seek it. Some clueless people give hamburgers as treats, but the horse is only after the bread, the meat does nothing except interfere with their digestion.

Horses are prey animals so everything they do centers around defense. They will attack predators only when the animal has seemed to pursue, and running is not the best solution.
When they rarely go after coyotes, mountain lions, and snakes, they seize it and shake it to death.

My very sweet horse in my avatar once grabbed up my small JRT dog when he got underfoot while we were training. They both got along wonderfully but those defensive instincts were triggered by what doggo thought was fun.

He grabbed him up by one back leg and then froze with his head high in the air.
Doggy was dangling upside down in the air and my horse looked shocked that there was something unpleasant in his mouth.
When a horse is frightened their jaw will lock, it's a physiological response.
I yelled "No, drop him!" and my horse just looked more scared. I regained my senses and walked up to him with a soothing tone saying, "It's okay" and his jaw unlocked.
Doggie fell down and ran around, when I got him to hold still there was not a mark on him. He didn't get a bruise or even tenderness on his leg.

Horses don't want to hurt anything. They simply want to avoid being hurt.

As a predator species it requires some mind warping from humans just to partially comprehend how different horses are. It's easier for us with dogs, cats, and even chickens.

So, I don't know what exactly was going on in that video, but I'm 100% certain the horse did not set out to eat a chick. Odds are on the human setting this up.

Back
Top Bottom