Horse Lovers Thread

Pics
Hi people I haven't seen all that many horse threads around lately so I decided to make one. Here I hope you will post stories, pictures, thoughts, questions, and absolutely anything equine related!
Here is my Arab cross mare Moonlight:
View attachment 2401826she's in her late 20s but acts like 4šŸ¤£
I will try to take pics of the rest soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_161715.jpg
    IMG_20200909_161715.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Ya! Glad you liked it! I you look in my album, there are to, SUPER funny pics of him! His full name is Ombudsmen, but his name is Buddy!
He's awesome! Ok, I'll look! Wow, long name! Lol! Does it mean something? Buddy is cute. ā¤

Oh I wish I owned one! I had a great privilege of riding a lovely green broke gelding that impressed me so much! I would love to own one-- I'm in my research stage right now. I'm not sure if I want a weanling (which is more reasonably priced) or an adult, trained horse.
Your telling me you rode a A GREEN BROKE horse that impressed you? :lau

they are not all like that! When looking for a horse, stay clear of green broken and under 10 (unless they have show experience and high training) mainly because these horses have experienced plenty of training and are well mannered. Personally I suggest riding a few times and learning about its background. My mare, Buttons, was7 when I got her. It wasnā€™t a good idea to jump into it, but she seemed like such a great horse. She was being sold because of a divorce, this lead to lack of training at a valuable age- that was added to by the fact that they had 20 horses and could not possibly be able to manage them all, not even with hired riders.

anyway, my point is, they may seem Lovley, but you want a horse that you can trust, ride, and work your own skills up on. You can improve if youā€™re constantly fighting the horse ;)

Back
Top Bottom