Horse people, please help!

Sounds like a food allergy or hives.If I was you,I would call the vet and explain to him/her these symptoms and maybe he can diagnosis it or you might need to take him in.Have yall changed feed? hay type?

My experience with rain rot,I have never seen puss nor sweating.Rain rot is VERY dry...

Your best bet is to let the Vet do a skin biopsy, but I understand about money being short. They have Imaverol wash, Betadine wash which is basically detergent and iodine. They also make Filta Bac which is a cream you can rub on him after you get him bathed. These things are basically for malassezia, bacterial and topical fungi.

I would wash him really well with one or the other.

Hope he gets better soon.

It in some ways sounds like rain rot, but I have never seen rain rot to the point of that. Try bathing her in Listerine and see if that helps if not you need to at least call a vet and ask them what else you can try

thanks everyone for all the help, it does look like some sort of skin condition to me but he doesnt have and open wounds so its not pus or infection, well deffinatley try the medicated shampoo and see if that helps. no it did not just happen overnight hes an older horse (13 or 14 years) and hes been just left on a 20 acre property for the last 7-8 years on his life the people basically just threw food out once a day and gave him water and that was it, so we got blackmailed into buying him (long story) but hes had the skin problem for the last year and a half since we got him weve gotten his feet taken care of and paid alot of money for good training and vet visits but since she was last here a few months ago its gotten worse, and now the yellowish sweat looking stuff. if the shampoo stuff doesnt help well deffinatley call the vet

hes a paint hes got alot of white on himands hes got pinkish skin, right now they are in the back pasture and dont have anything but a run in shed to get out of the sun so it might very well be sun poisoning, my dad is going to call the vet tommorrow and see what she says and if she thinks its serious enough fora visit or not

Back
Top Bottom