Horse Talk

Pics
Maybe this will help. I don't know if they list any rescues but:
[COLOR=1A0DAB][COLOR=1A0DAB]North Dakota Archives - Habitat For Horses[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=545454] [/COLOR]
I will have to think about that. The hard thing is that we don't get our horses vaccinated, tested for coggins, we don't have an official equine vet or farrier, and they probably wouldn't like how we don't feed our horses are out in pasture 24/7/365, and that all the fencing is barbed wire

Maybe this will help. I don't know if they list any rescues but:
[COLOR=1A0DAB][COLOR=1A0DAB]North Dakota Archives - Habitat For Horses[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=545454] [/COLOR]
I will have to think about that. The hard thing is that we don't get our horses vaccinated, tested for coggins, we don't have an official equine vet or farrier, and they probably wouldn't like how we don't feed our horses are out in pasture 24/7/365, and that all the fencing is barbed wire
Oh... Then the BLM wouldn't like that either. :/

Triple H Miniature Horse Rescue is in North Dakota and I believe they take in full size horses sometimes. Look them up on Facebook, I'm sure their rules aren't as strict as BLM

Triple H Miniature Horse Rescue is in North Dakota and I believe they take in full size horses sometimes. Look them up on Facebook, I'm sure their rules aren't as strict as BLM

I notices them too.
It just bugs when that I have such hard troubles finding places that would consider our place "safe" for adoption, when I can guarantee out horses are happier then the horses stuck in stalls, tiny paddocks, and never have other horses with them.

UGH!!
So today I was out riding on the road, when a I saw some of our obnoxious neighbors, who just own 120 acres by us, driving down the road, they are very disrespectful and usually drive 50-60 on a 35mph road.
So I decided that I would trot to the hay fence, and ride in that area instead, right as I'm getting off the road, they speed by me going at least 35mph! Which is the speed limit but seriously you obviously saw me riding 5 feet away from the road.
They still hold a grudge against my family because we told them to stop going on our land, and scaring the deer onto theirs.
Don't even acknowledge me being there.
It just makes me dislike them even more.

Maybe if you just talk to the person who runs the rescue you could convince them to come out and see your property and talk them into something. My place isn't perfect either but since she knew he was going to a good home the lady I adopted Phoenix from didn't mind the "unsafe" stuff like barbed wire. Tbh I don't see why some rescue places make a big deal over barbed wire, I know it can cause problems, but so far I've never had a problem with it, buuuut one of our horses stuck his head threw the pipe fence once and a rusty piece snapped off and went all the way threw his neck, missing his jugular by literally a hair, the vet said he'd never make it but somehow he did, with not even a scare to show for it. It was that sorrel I had for my first horse, I'd say his stubbornness is why he lived. But no place is perfect.
And as for vets and farriers, I used the farrier that I've only used once (but will use again) for my reference on the application, and I wrote down the vet that I WILL use if I have an emergency or something. But I rarely have the vets out either. I just called them beforehand and let them know and they said it was fine to put them down, and I've never used them before.

And that sucks about the drivers, the road my grandma lives on the people do the exact same thing. So I don't even try to ride on it. Which I really hate because the place I'm moving to is 3 miles from her house and it'd be awesome to ride back and forth.

UGH!!
So today I was out riding on the road, when a I saw some of our obnoxious neighbors, who just own 120 acres by us, driving down the road, they are very disrespectful and usually drive 50-60 on a 35mph road.
So I decided that I would trot to the hay fence, and ride in that area instead, right as I'm getting off the road, they speed by me going at least 35mph! Which is the speed limit but seriously you obviously saw me riding 5 feet away from the road.
They still hold a grudge against my family because we told them to stop going on our land, and scaring the deer onto theirs.
Don't even acknowledge me being there.
It just makes me dislike them even more.

Maybe if you just talk to the person who runs the rescue you could convince them to come out and see your property and talk them into something. My place isn't perfect either but since she knew he was going to a good home the lady I adopted Phoenix from didn't mind the "unsafe" stuff like barbed wire. Tbh I don't see why some rescue places make a big deal over barbed wire, I know it can cause problems, but so far I've never had a problem with it, buuuut one of our horses stuck his head threw the pipe fence once and a rusty piece snapped off and went all the way threw his neck, missing his jugular by literally a hair, the vet said he'd never make it but somehow he did, with not even a scare to show for it. It was that sorrel I had for my first horse, I'd say his stubbornness is why he lived. But no place is perfect.
And as for vets and farriers, I used the farrier that I've only used once (but will use again) for my reference on the application, and I wrote down the vet that I WILL use if I have an emergency or something. But I rarely have the vets out either. I just called them beforehand and let them know and they said it was fine to put them down, and I've never used them before.

And that sucks about the drivers, the road my grandma lives on the people do the exact same thing. So I don't even try to ride on it. Which I really hate because the place I'm moving to is 3 miles from her house and it'd be awesome to ride back and forth.

People have no respect. Have you heard of that campaign last year or sometime where people were rising naked just that it's catch drivers' attention? Yeah... IMO, that was taking it a bit far... Although I've also encountered disrespectful drivers... I can see their point in the campaign, but it IS ridiculous that they'd have to take it THAT far to prove their point. Nevr heard the outcome of that one...
We used to onlky have an acre of land, so we had to ride on the ride with my mini and his cart. Didnt work out... He spooked too easily. Now we have 22 acres... We bought some land across the road from us, but that's the problem... Across the road from us might as well be 30 miles away...

June is so wonderful! We had an awesome ride yesterday and today, she's starting to really improve on her turning and going off leg pressure. Me and my sister both rode her at a walk and trot around the arena and she was an angel. Yesterday's ride was near perfect, and today's was even better! Although she kept trying to bite our legs today, not sure what that was about, I think she's going back into heat. But once we fixed that problem she was listening perfect, she went where we asked her, walked when we wanted and trotted when we wanted, walked and trotted past the cows, llama, and Phoenix (they were on the other side of the fence) and even kept listening when we had an audience, my mom and dad and grandparents came out to watch my sister ride. And her stop is really good and back up has dramatically improved. I'm so lucky I found such a great horse, none of this would be possible if she wasn't such a rockstar. I'm hoping to canter soon but I need to work on my posture more while trotting before I do, I kept bouncing out of the saddle today. And Phoneix is starting to warm up to us. We had a bonfire out in the field last night, and usually unfamiliar things spook him, but he came up real close to the fire, so I stood and brushed him out, then I sat down in a lawn chair and he walked right up and chewed on the chair and sniffed everyone, and he licked me! Lol it was nice to see him being sociable.
Yesterday June worked up a sweat for probably the very first time in her life! And she likes getting in the pond lol

Back
Top Bottom