Horse Triplets. Hatching on 3/27

Pics
I should be working, but don't want to right now. So I will tell my chicken story of the day. :thand invite others to share their chicken story of the day (or any other day), so we can get a few good laughs. God knows I could use a few right now.

This afternoon I came home and went to collect my eggs from the coop. As most of you know I have broody hens right now and I still haven't gotten eggs for them to sit on. so I pick the meanest broody to check under first (not a good idea, she should really be left for last). She bit and pecked my hand until the skin is broken, however I got away without her actually drawing blood. Then I decided to collect from the lower tier :lau. As my head lowered she went right for my eye :eek:, luck was with me as I was able to back up quick enough to keep my eye. Putting my head down I continued to attempt to collect the eggs on the lower tier, only to be pecked so hard on the top of my head that I saw stars. It still hurts some and there is a small bump where she pecked me. :gig No blood, 3 nice eggs and all is good with the world!

Except I have to go do it again a little later :he

How is everyone? Can't wait to hear others' stories :caf

I should be working, but don't want to right now. So I will tell my chicken story of the day. :thand invite others to share their chicken story of the day (or any other day), so we can get a few good laughs. God knows I could use a few right now.

This afternoon I came home and went to collect my eggs from the coop. As most of you know I have broody hens right now and I still haven't gotten eggs for them to sit on. so I pick the meanest broody to check under first (not a good idea, she should really be left for last). She bit and pecked my hand until the skin is broken, however I got away without her actually drawing blood. Then I decided to collect from the lower tier :lau. As my head lowered she went right for my eye :eek:, luck was with me as I was able to back up quick enough to keep my eye. Putting my head down I continued to attempt to collect the eggs on the lower tier, only to be pecked so hard on the top of my head that I saw stars. It still hurts some and there is a small bump where she pecked me. :gig No blood, 3 nice eggs and all is good with the world!

Except I have to go do it again a little later :he

How is everyone? Can't wait to hear others' stories :caf
You poor thing .. getting beat up by a hen!
:lau

No funny chicken stories. Had a quail this week make a break for it. Ran straight to the chicken area. I tried to grab it. Then went back for the net. He wasn't interested in being grabbed. The chickens were interested, but just watched. Then he ran through the chain link. Puppy wanted to play and chased him back to the chicken yard where I got the net over him. Came very close to being butchered early.

Fast little buggers!

Back
Top Bottom