Pics
For a beginner, riding lessons, at least a year, and helping in a good barn. Experience!
Then, maybe a nice older 'been there, done that' horse, perhaps one you've met and enjoyed at the barn already.
Getting overfaced and overmounted is not good! And having enough money to spend on such a horse won't end well. If the trainer says 'only ride him when I'm there' it's too much horse for where you are.
Mary
Agree, take lessons for a year or two at least, then explore if you can do another year of grooming, mucking stalls, holding horses for the vet and farrier, and helping beginners groom and tack up, in exchange for leasing an experienced horse who can teach you showing in the discipline you want to pursue.
I don’t think one year is enough. Two years at least.
Yes, two years of riding, but leasing a horse in the meantime would be a good experience.
This might sound harsh, but- do NOT get a horse. You're still a beginner and have a lot to learn. Getting a horse is not a good idea.
Agree with Silkie, don't BUY a horse. Spend a year doing barn chores, taking care of and riding different horses, maybe lease your favorite - then you'll be so much more knowledgable about what you are looking for in a horse of your own.

Sad I thought ypu and your grandparents had horses tho
Or do they not jump
My Grandparents live five hours away, so it's not like I can hop on whenever I want to. When I ride their horses, it's just walking and trotting. Shiraz gets out of control when cantering, and we can't even ride Angel, as she's not trained enough. So no jumping.

My Grandparents live five hours away, so it's not like I can hop on whenever I want to. When I ride their horses, it's just walking and trotting. Shiraz gets out of control when cantering, and we can't even ride Angel, as she's not trained enough. So no jumping.
Im sorry about that.

Random pictures of the minis tails
8136AE34-58ED-4127-903C-9D60E44BE69B.jpeg
7E8FA31F-C3EE-4A5C-96D8-96F3490E2ED2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom