Horses

I love horses! We just got another horse, beautiful bay roan draft cross. She's great! Thinking of breeding her to a black Percheron and trying for a blue roan baby. Thoughts?

I absolutely love horses! They're my favorite animal by far. Sadly I don't own a horse at the moment but I really hope I'll be able to own a few in the future!

I used to own a beautiful Chestnut Quarter Horse named Bear when I was younger. He was the families horse. He was such an amazing boy. Very well trained, anyone could ride him. I was 5 years old when I got on top of him and took him around in the arena all by myself. He was also a very patient boy and he had no bad manners what so ever. He just loved everyone! We were told by the owner of the barn we boarded him at that he was the easiest horse to work with and by far his favorite horse there which made us feel special c: I miss him dearly though. I hope that I'll be able to get some more horses in the future, they're just amazing creatures.

I have a horse! His name is Texas Ranger or Ranger for short. I love him! My favorite color of horse is bay. Me and Ranger ride mostly western but we're both learning how to jump english. The people we got him from rescued him so we have nothing on his past but we think he's a Quarter Horse cross. He was rescued with one other horse but it died of starvation, that's how bad it was. He's really sweet though. We've had up to 7 horses but currently have 4.
This is Ranger.

This is my sisters horse Buck Eyed Blue (Buck).

My sis and her horse Sagittarius (Sage).

My brother and his horse Lady Bug (Lady).

My true love may be chickens but I love horses too!

HAhahahaha this is great I have 5 horses.
227050_461366427256538_1602804940_n.jpg

This is Ruger! Sorry the pictures are so big!

528041_399107863482395_54946940_n.jpg

This is Ivy!
423574_408717422521439_440561306_n.jpg

This is Star
390493_263920053667844_990921273_n.jpg

This is Moe!
388995_389454057781109_1388358646_n.jpg

This is Annie and My sister is riding her.

I'm very much enjoying looking at the pictures of horses, and I hope people post more! I'll have to post mine when I get access to my pictures.
I love horses! We just got another horse, beautiful bay roan draft cross. She's great! Thinking of breeding her to a black Percheron and trying for a blue roan baby. Thoughts?

I admit I know nothing about your mare, but I don't think this is a good idea. First, you can't be sure what color the foal will end up being. Second, it's irresponsible to breed just for color. Do you have a specific need for a blue roan foal? Or were you just planning on selling it? In this economy, there are many unwanted horses, and the majority of them started out in life by irresponsible breeding.

Now if you told me that your mare has great breeding, has excellent conformation, and excels at her job, and you found a stallion that also had great breeding, went beyond exceling at his job, and had conformation that complimented your mare, and together they would create a foal that would excel in the specific job you had in mind regardless of color, then I would be more supportive. But without looking at the full picture other than color, you end up with a horse that MAY have a pretty coat, but could have major conformation issues, health issues, and many other surprises. There is little market for a foal like that. And regardless of whether you plan to sell, sometimes life ends up making you end up having to sell.

I'm hope I don't come across the wrong way because I know it's tempting to breed a mare. But it helps to look at the big picture. You mare may be worth breeding, but don't base your stallion choice off color. Base it off of picking a stallion that will compliment your mare, and improve her faults. It's much better to have a plain colored horse with ability, temperment and excellent conformation than it is to have an unusual colored horse that you end up not being able to do anything with.

My appaloosa is my horse soul mate... she and I speak the same language. I got her when I was a teenager, so we've been together a while! She's small, and now getting older, but she's still my baby. Which is why I have tons of photos of her, and not too many of the other two.

My appaloosa and I in a hunter lesson last summer.

And now in a dressage lesson!

Schooling jump

And now the other two
Then three, but now four year old thoroughbred at my trainer's

and my german riding pony colt. Two years old this spring, but I don't have any recent photos cause he's a big shaggy mess right now. So here he is as a baby!

Back
Top Bottom