Horses!!!!!!!!

As with any discipline involving horses, having well-trained animals is crucial. An out-of-control horse dragging a large, wide projectile behind it is infinitely more dangerous than a bolting saddle horse. Knowing what you are doing is very important, too - many would-be first-time drivers tell of teams than knew they had an amateur holding the reins, and refused to listen.

But when it all comes together, it can be awesome! This is a clip from the cross-country phase of a Combined Driving Event. CDE's are sort of like Three Day Events; the horses/teams demonstrate their prowess both inside and outside of an arena.

0.jpg

"Azulegg", some horses can not handle having all of their vaccinations given at one time. The folks who have your mare now may be spacing them out and or giving only a half dose at a time. Some horses can not handle vaccinations from one company but are just fine when they come from a different company. Your former mare getting multiple abscesses has nothing to do with a vaccination schedule. Hoof abscesses come from foot issues that may or may not be the fault of the owner. If it was a super dry time of year and he feet cracked up, hard ground and she got bruised, etc. Abscesses happen for a variety of reasons but those reasons are not related to vaccinations.

All the best.

I am still around.  I am still on my farmette, thankfully.  Was released from chapter 7 a year ago (economy crash ruined our business) so we still can't qualify for a mortgage to find a cheaper farmette.  I have threatened Chase with a lawsuit if they refuse to work with us.  I especially will get a lawyer if they try to foreclose as that will buy us a few more years till we can get back on our feet.

I have my old horse still.  The pony I am trying to find a free lease.  That's not happening.

My beautiful mare who has an auto immune condition and can't be vaccinated, well, that's another story.  A friend of mine talked me into selling the mare to her over a year ago.  She blew me off on the vaccinations part, and vaccinated the mare.  My mare got sick, blowing 5 painful foot abscesses over the course of a 6 month period.  The idiot friend of mine is STILL vaccinating her, but cut back on them.  THE HORSE CANNOT HAVE VACCINATIONS AT ALL!!!!!  I can't get the mare back, nor will this idiot person listen!!!!  I was soo stupid to believe the lies that came out of this person's mouth.  NEVER AGAIN will I sell a horse, that has health problems, trusting that the new owner would take care of it properly!!  I should have free leased her out as I would have had more control!!!!!  

OMG I pray every day please God get this horse out of this woman's hands!!!
[/quote]

Last edited:
As with any discipline involving horses, having well-trained animals is crucial. An out-of-control horse dragging a large, wide projectile behind it is infinitely more dangerous than a bolting saddle horse. Knowing what you are doing is very important, too - many would-be first-time drivers tell of teams than knew they had an amateur holding the reins, and refused to listen.

But when it all comes together, it can be awesome! This is a clip from the cross-country phase of a Combined Driving Event. CDE's are sort of like Three Day Events; the horses/teams demonstrate their prowess both inside and outside of an arena.

0.jpg

I sure wish I could get my mare back. I suffer every day for this huge mistake I made not knowing I was being coerced into selling her at a time of my life where things went awry and I was fearful which caused me to make a really bad decision on my mare's behalf. I should have free leased her out that way I could have gotten her back immediately if there was an indication of not following her health needs. With free leasing I would have had control of the situation. All I have left now is prayer for the higher good of my ex-mare. :( Why was I so stupid.

I sure wish I could get my mare back.  I suffer every day for this huge mistake I made not knowing I was being coerced into selling her at a time of my life where things went awry and I was fearful which caused me to make a really bad decision on my mare's behalf.  I should have free leased her out that way I could have gotten her back immediately if there was an indication of not following her health needs.  With free leasing I would have had control of the situation.  All I have left now is prayer for the higher good of my ex-mare.  :(  Why was I so stupid.

DESERTLAB:

Desertlab my veterinarian proved that the vaccinations, and even toxic wormers do blow abscesses in my mare as they come out the bulb of the foot. The other type of abscess that horses get originate from some type of puncture wound on the bottom of the foot or the frog, however the abscesses in my ex mare are related. Two of my veterinarians agree, Dr. Donna Starita dvm and Dr. Patricia Whittaker dvm. I have the vet work up documents. The mare also has an auto immune disease that when tripped by the vaccines causes a painful tying up of her muscles. The muscles on the back and the truck of the horse get painfully rock hard. This is a rare condition called Equine mediated myofascial syndrome. There is not a whole lot of info on this. But when you see a horse affected by it, you NEVER forget it. Stopping the vaccines completely was what cured this mare. As to the foot abscessed there is a track record that was documented after she had a vaccine, within 4 to 6 weeks she would blow an abscess. This is where the toxins end up from vaccinations and toxic wormers in horses that are sensitive. Now the idiot new owner is going to cause it again as it could resurface at anytime thus threatening the safety of anyone who tries to ride her.

I am an advocate of animal welfare, if this person would not have coerced me into selling her instead of leasing with a bunch of lies I would have never sold her to this woman. Karma will get her good and unfortunately the HORSE will suffer because of this woman's stupidity. And there are NO laws to protect this horse as I have all the documented proof and tests from my veterinarians.

I was told by the local animal control officer that if I had the money,, I could sue this woman to get the horse back as I have the documented paper work from the veterinarian. Unfortunately I have no money to do this as it could be costly to do so.

And yeah, they did space out 7 vaccinations starting in March of 2014. I cringed. By late May 2014, she blew her first painful abscess where her leg swelled up completely. She was severely lame for 10 days. Then again, in July she blew another, then in august, then in September again, then in October. She usually blows one abscess per vaccine. THANK GOD she did not blow 7 abscesses!!! THis is serious because she could develop an internal abscess which could kill her!! My vets said this!!!

I really love horses. But do to living in the city i dont have any. Only rode twice but it was the best time of my life. Really want to own some but wouldn't even know where to begin. Besides getting out of the city.any advice or tips of where to begin. Greatly apprecuated. Thanks. :)

Back
Top Bottom