hot hot and more hot

duck walk

Songster
10 Years
Jun 13, 2009
white springs, fl
what is everyone doing to keep birds cool in the horrible heat we are having in the South...hundred today again and through the week end...I have frozen water jugs. bought a pile of water melons and have the fans going where I can...I have a goose on the nest in a metal building...I don't know what I am going to do to keep cool...
roll.png

I'm not in the south, but besides frozen water bottles, anyone have any ideas since I dont have electric anywhere near my coop?Obviously no fans. And while we're on the topic, I have no way to keep the water unfrozen in winter either. :-(

I would love that idea...except it's not my property that their on. And the closest house is literally 100 yards from them and I dont think they're going to want to share their electric. My house is 3/4 mile down the road. :-(

Well, depending on the size of the coop and air flow capacity, you might consider some of the solar powered attic fans, can get anywhere from 1000 cfm to 25 meter per hour fans for a range of prices. Depending on the venting that could make for a good airflow during the peak daylight hours.

yeah I know...:-/

But ktstraw...that link idea is SUCH A GREAT IDEA!!!! I think that will work when it gets hot here (it's only 70s today) but it will get to be 90s.

Now I just need a cold weather solution! Lol

We are in Northern California and get 100+ temps. I found a $15 battery operated fan at a Walmart. When it cools down a bit in the evening I shut the door to the outisde run, open the front door of coop and the nesting box lid and blow the air through to cool off some before the girls go to bed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom