Hot Pick is HOT HOT HOT

Quote:
gig.gif

Quote:
O M G I can't even imagine that.

Flock is only 14 chickens in an 11x12 coop. There is snow and they won't go outside for anything. I got them a flock block. Give them sunflower seeds daily and usually oatmeal or scrambled eggs every other day. They are eating Kent extra egg which is 16%. I was going to go to an 18% feed but someone said not to do that in winter when they are eating more of it. If it were a food problem I would think they would peck eachother and not just this one guy.

ETA There are a few that seem worse with the pecking but once there is blood they all do it.

Last edited:
My biggest question concerning hot pick is that if it's "active ingredient" is capsaicin (the molecule that makes hot things hot), how does it stop birds like chickens? Birds don't have receptors for capsaicin, or rather, they can't sense it like we can.

Chickens dont have capsaicin receptors...how does this product claim to work? It can't be because they think its too hot.. they cant sense the heat...or am i missing something? Someone set me straight if im wrong

Do parrots and the like have these receptors? There is a picture of a parrot on the bottle. I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that it is advertised for chickens at eggcartons.com. They were still pecking him this morning. Maybe not as much? I saw one BA go to peck at him, then it was almost as though she sniffed him and didn't do it. Maybe they don't like the smell. IDK.
hu.gif

Maizy and Silkiechicken need to do a pinkie-jinx!

Back
Top Bottom