HOTTEST BREEDS 2021

What is the hottest breed in the US 2021?!

• Total voters
I think Lavender Orpingtons are still very sought after. I try to stay away from the hatchery sites because I'm in a urban area and cannot expand 😞 It really stinks. I seriously have at least 20 different breeds I want NOW!

Counting my blessings though for even my tiny awesome flock. I know that some people really want chickens and cannot have them.
It's always good to count your blessings. In recent years we lost a lot of farms to urban development. Now You have to go further out to rent cropland .

I’m going to theorize that Chocolate Orpingtons will be big maybe this year or the next. A few commercial hatcheries are starting to sell them this year, I’m guessing, because of the popularity of the Lavender. Also because I want one!

Though caution about Hoover’s chocolate Orp- it’s really a hybrid! Not sure why they did that!! They crossed chocolates with black australorps, so they aren’t really the deep true chocolate color. At least from the pics ...

I’m going to theorize that Chocolate Orpingtons will be big maybe this year or the next. A few commercial hatcheries are starting to sell them this year, I’m guessing, because of the popularity of the Lavender. Also because I want one!

Though caution about Hoover’s chocolate Orp- it’s really a hybrid! Not sure why they did that!! They crossed chocolates with black australorps, so they aren’t really the deep true chocolate color. At least from the pics ...
Maybe to make them bigger?

Back
Top Bottom