Hours old chick with green poop..

Ashleigh2904

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 21, 2012
My 4th chick hatched out 7/8 hours ago. Cheeping away. Seems to be ok. Wobbling around on his unsteady legs like they do. This is my first hatch. Other 3 are doing fine.
But earlier the newest one pooped a water poo with two bright green lumps in it. I read this means kidney and liver failure. Is that true ?

Yay that is good news indeed!! My chicks are hanging out indoors in a cat basket on a hot water bottle tucked up by the radiator. Seems mother hen is happy to hatch eggs but boots the chicks out the nest once they're out. Shes accidentally squished one to death too. But other than that its all going well lol.

Thanks for this thread. I was worried I thought it was malaria. My first successful hatch just did this. It was very dark green poop. It still hasn't fully fluff up and has been hatched 8 hrs ago. It seems healthy I guess. The other one is thin and seems like a red organ or that's probably the dried yolk sac is still hanging. I assisted it that's why coz it was drowning (bubbling mouth while pipping) and it shrinked wrapped so yeah I kinda helped it open too soon and accidentally hit the yolk sac coz the chick does smell like egg and has yellow fluid around. I hope it still survives 🤞

Back
Top Bottom