HOUSE DUCKS- Diaper sewing patterns/brands

Quackodile

Chirping
May 11, 2020
Does anybody else have diapered house ducks?

We have kindly been given a sewing machine by family (I'm useless and have only ever used a sewing machine once!)
My aim is to try and make a few for ours as I can't afford £20+ per diaper.

Can anybody point me in the direction of sewing patterns or give a rough how-to guide please!

As often as ducks poo and the mess they make in doing so, IMO I am not sure a diaper on a duck is a good thing? Next you will be looking for some sort of ointment to put on their sore bottom. I am not sure what a good option for this would be?

Keep in mind you'll have to buy the diaper pads (idk what they're called, its just the inside) too. A lot of people do it like this
1592246049400.png

There are a lot on etsy that you could get ideas from too

I think people just use baby diapers underneath and cut them like this
1592247655033.png

Last edited:
As often as ducks poo and the mess they make in doing so, IMO I am not sure a diaper on a duck is a good thing? Next you will be looking for some sort of ointment to put on their sore bottom. I am not sure what a good option for this would be?

Hey!

We've had one since hatching who was a very sickly chick so she's always been in with us. She has access to outside and comes/goes as she pleases, but she's rather happy sat on the sofa in the sunshine snoozing 😂

She currently wears a diaper which is changed very often as we don't want poops all over the furniture, she wears one happily as she knows that it means she can come back in! Haha

She only wears one when she's inside for a snooze or a snuggle. At night they have an indoor pen which they are diaperless 😊

You are correct they poop a lot. I have a houseful with disability. If she would follow other ducks outside, her bad leg gets tangled in vegetation. We have made a 20'x6' run for her,safely wired top to protect from predators, also a large submerged stock tank.
She does wander the house when she can't be outside, which means I fully understand "poop patrol" and sanitizing floor spots all thru the day, which is best for Her w/o a diaper, but keeps Me on my toes...
That said, I would like to diaper her for car rides at times. She travels with me, as she gets lonesome left alone.
As a type of bird normally busy foraging, or socializing with friends, leaving her alone just doesn't keep her happy. She cries. A lot. But only when left alone.
Just sharing all this to say, some if us realize that diapers used daily would not be good for duck, especially if not changed Very frequently, or if designed in a manner that held poop too close to body.
Yet, there are circumstances where they may be just the right thing. Hope this helps to understand. Glad you are looking out for well being of critters tho 😊🦆

You are correct they poop a lot. I have a houseful with disability. If she would follow other ducks outside, her bad leg gets tangled in vegetation. We have made a 20'x6' run for her,safely wired top to protect from predators, also a large submerged stock tank.
She does wander the house when she can't be outside, which means I fully understand "poop patrol" and sanitizing floor spots all thru the day, which is best for Her w/o a diaper, but keeps Me on my toes...
That said, I would like to diaper her for car rides at times. She travels with me, as she gets lonesome left alone.
As a type of bird normally busy foraging, or socializing with friends, leaving her alone just doesn't keep her happy. She cries. A lot. But only when left alone.
Just sharing all this to say, some if us realize that diapers used daily would not be good for duck, especially if not changed Very frequently, or if designed in a manner that held poop too close to body.
Yet, there are circumstances where they may be just the right thing. Hope this helps to understand. Glad you are looking out for well being of critters.
Why so many ducks with disabilities? what is the majority of their issues ?

Back
Top Bottom