My husband surprised me with 15 chicks that are now about 1 1/2 weeks old. They have been living in my laundry room in a big rubbermaid tote, with food, water, and a heat lamp. I don't want them in my house anymore they are smelly. I have a metal storage shed, it doesn't have electricity and a simple wood floor that possibly something like mice or rats could get in. I was thinking a extension cord with a heat lamp may work. What do you think? If they must stay in my laundry room how long should they stay? How can I control the smell? Any other advice is greatly welcomed!!!!