Hova-Bator 1602N

the 1602 was my first bator. I bought it from Incubator Wharehouse and had to install the themostat and the fan and as stated it is very easy. The instructions are very good.

I bought this one and have been struggling with keeping my temps consistent but it is mainly due to the fact that I live in a drafty old farmhouse that has a wood burning stove for heat and the temperature has fluctuated from 26 - 74 over the last week so it's been rough.

A friend of mine suggested buying a thermostat and installing it? Not sure about that. Has anyone done something like that to theirs?

Quote:
Any recommendation on where I should buy the fan ? I've seen some generic fan-kits on Ebay, and then the 2364 Turbofan kit
from the GQF site which is a lot pricier.

yippiechickie.gif

If it were me I would try to exchange it for the Genesis before I used it .....I used mine 3 times then bought a Genesis and sold my hovabator and a LG both with fans and the LG had a turner for 125 on craig list. I love the Genesis. the fan on the GQF site is the one mine came with.

I bought a fan kit for my old square 1602N, so hopefully that will help keep the temps a little more even, think I'll try hatching some eggs with this setup first.

May try an Incukit, and make my own incubator eventually, or pickup a Brinsea Eco, but right now the dollars aren't there.

caf.gif

Last edited:
I have a 1602 also, I will let you know how it works since today is my hatch day. Still waiting for them to start, impatiently waiting. I must of checked it 100 times today, I have nose prints all over the little windows.
bow.gif

Oh
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Best of luck in you hatch Trunkman !!!
celebrate.gif

Do you have a fan in yours ? I debated trying to hatch without the fan, but I figured the fan would be the most helpful upgrade.

Clint

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom