Hova-Bator 1602N

Not to rain on your parade here but I used that incubator for my first hatch and had a terrible time. I had it in my basement where the temperature is consistent and ran it for days before I set my eggs. Temperatures were all over the place no matter what I did. I hatched 2 out of 28 expensive eggs. It was the most frustrating depressing thing. If it were me I might exchange it for the brinsea eco 20 which is on sale for $99 and already has a fan. If you choose to keep it I truly wish you great hatches.

Quote:
The Hova=Bator 1602N I have has been very consistent in temperature once I got everything regulated. Sorry that your first hatch didn't turn out so well, especially with expensive eggs. Maybe you should have done a test hatch with some free or less expensive eggs first. Thanks for the info about the Brinsea Eco 20 but the Brinsea web site says that model is back ordered right now. I may just do an upgrade with a fan in the future.

I currently have a 1602 without the fan and it is driving me nuts. It won't stay a constant temperature and I am having to baby sit it. The weather outside is probably a huge factor because it will be cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon and then cold again at night. Good luck and I hope you have good luck with your hatchings.

Quote:
I got my 1602N free from a friend almost 12 years ago, I hatched turtles in it then, and had good luck with it, but now with chicken eggs I think the fan will help with temp-regulation, so I'm not out a-lot of money with buying the fan. I've read here many people have great chicken hatching results with this incubator some even w/o the fan. And my plan is to get some free eggs from a local person to test out my first hatch, I won't be buying expensive eggs until I know I can get reliable hatches with the 1602N

Hatch - away !!!
jumpy.gif

The 1602 will not hold temperature if the room it is in isn't holding steady temperatures. That is its downfall. If you can keep the room temperature very stable then it works great. If the room is changing from morning to night it will be almost impossible to keep it stable. The fan can help with this problem, but by the time you have bought a fan it is almost just as cost effective to buy the 1588.

Quote:
i'm having this same problem
and i'm a jittering blob of worry

i'm considering both buying the fan kit
and moving the bator to another room

any suggestions/comments/words of advice?
fire away.

Quote:
You have your incubators on the floor, you do know that there are vents along bottom corners for ventilation?

I have a friend who has one and she says she has good hatches with it. Me not so much.

I have an article on hatching and can e-mail it to you if you'd like. pm me your e-mail or send me one

Experts say follow the manufacturers instructions but the ones I got off the internet were'nt very helpful.

Take care

Rancher

Quote:
So what wasn't helpful maybe someone can help if you explained what ur having problems with. I've actually never followed the instructions and lost a lot of money on shipped eggs this time though, i did follow them, I had a great hatch 7 out of 7. They were my own. Right know I have 10 Blue Marans shipped eggs and 5 of my own. I'm keeping my
fl.gif
that it works

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom