Hova Bator 2362

startingaflock

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 3, 2009
Has anyone ever used one of these? I just borrowed one from a friend of a friend and was looking for some input. I am planning on setting some eggs on Feb. 22nd. Thanks

I have one! It's a hovabator 2368 with a turner. I hatched silkies and then rouen eggs last summer. Considering it was my first time hatching, I was very pleased with the results. Out of 14 shipped silkie eggs, I hatched six of them (I accidentally killed the 7th one.....thought it was dead and so I cracked the egg and the baby was very much alive and breathing:hit). I felt sooooooo bad! I'll NEVER do that again. I hatched 9 of the 13 rouen eggs. I really think ducks are easier to hatch.

So I just set 8 more silkie eggs this morning at 5 am. I am having a little more trouble regulating the temps this time. Not sure if it's b/c it's winter time or what the deal is.

I'd give the hovabator a try!!! Good luck!!!!!

Oops typo.......it's a hovabator 2362 not 2368:oops:

Last edited:
Thank you for the encouraging advice. I will be setting about 20 eggs from my girls in a couple of weeks. I am only expecting a hatch of about 50% so that I won't be dissapointed!! If I end up with more, that's okay!

Back
Top Bottom