Hova Bator genesis 1588 temp question

I started using my hova bator genesis in January. First hatch, set 8 eggs, 6 hatched...I thought, pretty good. Second hatch, set 10, 4 hatched.......hmmmmm. These are my own eggs, not shipped. Then my shipped eggs started coming in. Third hatch, only the eggs that are from my flock had any hatch at all and it took 4 days for all of the chicks to hatch. 2 are significantly smaller than the others (the latest hatchers). 16 shipped eggs in various stages of development failed to hatch, so I had a 0% hatch rate. Now I'm on day 21 for my second batch of shipped eggs and I don't see even 1 pip. I've got another hatch due out next week and just set 30 shipped eggs.

I've checked the temp in the hova bator with 3 different thermometers and it is at least 2 degrees low. Sounds like this is a hova bator problem. I've contacted the company, but have not received any response from them. I will try to call them on Monday. Very disappointed.

OK so I received a replacement lid from the company, and set 45. 36 hatched for a 80% hatch. I was a little bit concerned about how draggy the hatch was (started Wed night and finished Sunday morning) but I figured 80% is good. So I loaded it up with more valuable important eggs. Today is day 8. We had a brief power outage last night. Power went off for like a second. The incubators are plugged into surge protectors so I didnt get up. Woke up this morning and the inc temp read 104.5 and the humidity read 6% even though I had filled the reservoir yesterday. I opened the unit and the eggs were really hot. I unplugged the unit and the temp would climb up to 104.5 again, no matter what I set the temp to. I am really displeased with these units. I think Chinese electronics from the dollar store probably have more integrity. Im not giving GQF another chance. They obviously are using inferior components to save money.

Last edited:
OK so I received a replacement lid from the company, and set 45. 36 hatched for a 80% hatch. I was a little bit concerned about how draggy the hatch was (started Wed night and finished Sunday morning) but I figured 80% is good. So I loaded it up with more valuable important eggs. Today is day 8. We had a brief power outage last night. Power went off for like a second. The incubators are plugged into surge protectors so I didnt get up. Woke up this morning and the inc temp read 104.5 and the humidity read 6% even though I had filled the reservoir yesterday. I opened the unit and the eggs were really hot. I unplugged the unit and the temp would climb up to 104.5 again, no matter what I set the temp to. I am really displeased with these units. I think Chinese electronics from the dollar store probably have more integrity. Im not giving GQF another chance. They obviously are using inferior components to save money.
Yeah, I've asked for a sportsman for Christmas....we'll see how many times I have to hint before the hubby gets it.
fl.gif

I spoke with them today. They were happy to issue a refund, but the technician had no interest in hearing the nature of the malfunction. He said, "Industry standard for electronics is an acceptable 2% failure rate, we're at less than 1%. You're going to have that no matter what we do. You were just unlucky. I don't know what else to tell you."

My experience with the new genesis hova bator which i bought in march 2014 is the exact opposite. The first hatch was almost 60%(6 of 11). On my second set i am having nightmares becausethe bator's temp says99.5 to 100.2 but the inside temp based on 4 thermometer that i had to buy and which i laid beside the eggs all puts the temp at 38.5 in one and 38.6 Cin the other 3 thermometer. For the past 3 days, the bator at certain times, registers a temp of 101.5 to 101.9 on the electronics. I live in the pacific with a tropical climate but i have maintained a 24 deg celcius room temp.

I actually lowered the temp in the bator to 99f about 35 minutes ago and i just measured the inside temperature using 2 of my digital human thermo set beside the eggs and the reading puts it at 39.9. Should i maintain this or return it to the original setting of 100f since i was told that 101.48f(38.6c) is still goog to hatch?

Back
Top Bottom