Hova Bator genesis 1588 temp question

Can someone help me adjust my temp? It is running 2* low. I have tried to follow directions but does not seem to be going up. I got to the point of "SET TEMP +1.5". But am I supposed to let it stay on that screen or do I get out of set mode? I can't get temp to raise and it is running at 98*. I have 42 eggs (French Maran and Silkies)waiting to go in :(

Can someone help me adjust my temp?  It is running 2* low.  I have tried to follow directions but does not seem to be going up.  I got to the point of "SET TEMP +1.5".  But am I supposed to let it stay on that screen or do I get out of set mode?  I can't get temp to raise and it is running at 98*.  I have 42 eggs (French Maran and Silkies)waiting to go in :(

Just hold in the temp adjust bottom on the up arrow

I did that. I got it to say "Set Temp +1.5*" but then it just stays on that screen unless I get out of set mode. If I leave it on that screen the temp does not rise and if I get out of set mode the temp does not rise. It's been almost 2 hours and has been holding steady but only at 98*.

I did that.  I got it to say "Set Temp +1.5*" but then it just stays on that screen unless I get out of set mode.  If I leave it on that screen the temp does not rise and if I get out of set mode the temp does not rise.  It's been almost 2 hours and has been holding steady but only at 98*.

You may have to contact the company on that one.
Mine has never been exactly on temp I always go by my thermometer/hygrometer from incubator warehouse.

I did that. I got it to say "Set Temp +1.5*" but then it just stays on that screen unless I get out of set mode. If I leave it on that screen the temp does not rise and if I get out of set mode the temp does not rise. It's been almost 2 hours and has been holding steady but only at 98*.
Mine worked perfectly for 2 years but this year the temp is reading 1.5-2 degrees higher than it is. I sent an email to GQF yesterday to see if there is a way to reset the thermostat. I can get it to adjust but then the reading is saying over 101. I'm concerned that it won't hold a steady temperature and I don't have the time to check it multiple times/day. I will let you know what the company says if they answer me back.

So I got in touch with the company. They did help me reset it. Once in set temp mode he said to actually increase it a degree (even though it says +2.0, he said it does not really mean anything and to increase it up to 3.0). I did that and within 5 minutes it was up to 99.5. He told me to leave it there for at least 30 minutes before getting out of set mode. Once I let it set and got out of set mode it recalibrated the temp on the monitor and now reads just like it is reading with my other thermometers. He did tell me that it should not be run at a humidity of greater than 65% which it does say on the incubator, but I ran mine at 75% during lockdown. I got a great hatch and am now afraid to mess with a good thing. However he said running it higher than 65% could cause the thermostat to go out on it. I am wondering if all of you who have had issues with it were also running your humidity above 65%? Also as a side note, I too am now afraid to trust it. I am feeling the need to go out and get a medical grade thermometer to "quadruple" check it (even though my other 3 independent thermometers are reading exactly what they were during my last set of eggs.... I hate feeling unsure like this.

So I got in touch with the company. They did help me reset it. Once in set temp mode he said to actually increase it a degree (even though it says +2.0, he said it does not really mean anything and to increase it up to 3.0). I did that and within 5 minutes it was up to 99.5. He told me to leave it there for at least 30 minutes before getting out of set mode. Once I let it set and got out of set mode it recalibrated the temp on the monitor and now reads just like it is reading with my other thermometers. He did tell me that it should not be run at a humidity of greater than 65% which it does say on the incubator, but I ran mine at 75% during lockdown. I got a great hatch and am now afraid to mess with a good thing. However he said running it higher than 65% could cause the thermostat to go out on it. I am wondering if all of you who have had issues with it were also running your humidity above 65%? Also as a side note, I too am now afraid to trust it. I am feeling the need to go out and get a medical grade thermometer to "quadruple" check it (even though my other 3 independent thermometers are reading exactly what they were during my last set of eggs.... I hate feeling unsure like this.
I have purchased several thermometer/thermometer hygrometers in the past month. Not a single one reads the same temp. It is frustrating. I finally purchased a Brinsea Spot Check because it was highly recommended to me by several people. I checked it with my GQF cabinet hatcher and it is close to agreeing with it so that's the one I'm going with. I had a good hatch with the eggs I put in my used Brinsea Octogon while only 3 eggs hatched in my Genesis 1588 with the temp problem. The eggs incubated in my cabinet and were viable when I set them in the Genesis. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the temp was too low so only 3 hatched. And of those 3, 2 had problems hatching then had leg problems & 1 of those died and the other one was very sticky. It is going to be hard to trust the Genesis after that.

The two thermometers that I have been using are digital cooking thermometers. They were pretty accurate last time. Yesterday when I seemed to be having trouble I tried to double check my 2 thermometers. I filled a glass of ice water and both showed 32.1*. Then I filled it with hot tap water and again both showed 121.4*. I am not sure if this is how you double check them but since they were both reading the exact same thing both times I kind of feel like they are accurate. I could be wrong but think that if they were not accurate then they would both have different readings. Does this sound logical? Is there some other way that I should check these? These are the two that I am basing everything off of. Hope I am not making a mistake.

My Genisis did great last year for 5 months of running full of eggs, but using my still air as a hatcher. I have 30+ silkie duck, hookbill and a few goose eggs in for a week or so , running fine at 99.5. Had a power outage today, ( have had 2 others no problem) on 2 battery backups, and l we have whole house and battery surge protectors) Then I came in and it kept saying , set 99.5 , humidity 34%, inc. temp 104.5 I switched tops and put my digital incubator warehouse hygrometer , thermometer in and it said 99.5. I called the company, they told me to try to reset it and it wouldn't. It seemed as if it was keeping temp 99.5, but saying 104.5 inc temp. so readout was bad , but maybe it was keeping it the right temp, they told me to order the part,(later I realized it was the computer unit at 75$. ) I kinda regreted ordering it, because I could just leave the thermometer in right?...... well, there was an incident and I couldn't get back to check it for 8 hours. Then it said 108.5! as Inc. temp, but the set was still 99.5... I took top , off and got the other still air top and let it cool for 10 min. Then I put tow thermometers in and it said 100.2 on top of eggs, (not bad) , but I got out still air and put it on and unplugged Genisis. Somethings not right.... getting new unit , but I am not sure I didn't toast the eggs as it took me a few minutes to locate the thermometers. If you have to replace the top unit every year.....not worth it. I was so pleased last year, but wonder if the componets have a 1 yr life....
My hubby works with electronics and hydralics and son on computersand I am going to have him take it apart and see if he can replace the part and figure out what went wrong. (I know that certain chips or componets can be consistantly defective.... if it turns out to be the case they had better figure out what it is and change it out or people are going to figure out why pay 3 -4 times for a system that fails in a year? when they could buy a couple still airs and just put more eggs under them. It increased my hatch , but it is not worth it for a hobbist.... sigh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom