Hova bator incubator

kacy

Hatching
6 Years
May 19, 2013
Port Elgin
Well. I'm a little disappointed. Things seemed to be going really well until the last 3 days. I had a consistant temp until the I went to take the eggs out if the turner. My temp read 133 degrees!!!! UGH! Obviously I now have cooked chicks:(. Nothing was touched or disturbed. Anyone else have this problem?

I recently read that the high humidity can mess with the electrical systems...

Is your thermometer part of the incubator or independent?

So it's possible that the temp was reading very high but the actual temp wasnt that high...are you waiting it out to see if the hatch?

I am having terrible problems with 2 different hovabators. I called the manufacturer and the women I spoke to was very tight lipped. I had to pry information out of her. My Hova bator 4200 is a replacement for a cheaper model that I struggled with for a year which kept killing my chicks near hatching time. I have a digital thermometer that reads lowest and highest temps. This morning the range went from 103 to 97.4 . This has been happening for the last 12 days. Their website guarantees the incubator for 1 year and a paper that came with it says it is guaranteed for 30 days. The woman verified that the new guarantee is for only 30 days. She said there should not be any fluctuation in the temp. She also said that's why we say to run your incubator for 8-10 days before adding your eggs. The directions that came with it said to run it for 6-8 hours before adding the eggs. I would say if I run it for 10 days then hatch for 21 days my guarantee is invalid. So. I am surmising they are having trouble with their thermostats and want to unload them. I am going to ride it out and return the incubator. I am going to try a Brinsea.

I am having terrible problems with 2 different hovabators. I called the manufacturer and the women I spoke to was very tight lipped. I had to pry information out of her. My Hova bator 4200 is a replacement for a cheaper model that I struggled with for a year which kept killing my chicks near hatching time. I have a digital thermometer that reads lowest and highest temps. This morning the range went from 103 to 97.4 . This has been happening for the last 12 days. Their website guarantees the incubator for 1 year and a paper that came with it says it is guaranteed for 30 days. The woman verified that the new guarantee is for only 30 days. She said there should not be any fluctuation in the temp. She also said that's why we say to run your incubator for 8-10 days before adding your eggs. The directions that came with it said to run it for 6-8 hours before adding the eggs. I would say if I run it for 10 days then hatch for 21 days my guarantee is invalid. So. I am surmising they are having trouble with their thermostats and want to unload them. I am going to ride it out and return the incubator. I am going to try a Brinsea.
I don't think a model 4200 is a GQF hovabator. The 4200 is manufactured by Farm Innovators which is a close copy to the Little Giant incubators made by Miller Manufacturing. Hovabators are made by GQF Manufacturing located in Savannah Georgia. Although they look similar hovabators have different electronics than the other 2. In my opinion the hovabator made by GQF is far superior to the other two companies. Also GQF has excellent customer service. In fact I talked with them this morning and they were very helpful.

So GAQuail you are right .The 4200 is not a hovabotor.It is the model Jeffers offered me as an "upgrade" to my Hova Bator that was not working properly, at a reduced rate. I'm going to return it. Disgusted with new incubators.

So GAQuail you are right .The 4200 is not a hovabotor.It is the model Jeffers offered me as an "upgrade" to my Hova Bator that was not working properly, at a reduced rate. I'm going to return it. Disgusted with new incubators.
Good luck with whatever you decide to replace it with.

Back
Top Bottom