hovobator forced air incubator

JamesA

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 1, 2008
Cedartown Georgia
I think it is like a 1602 hovabator.I was thinking about adding a fan to it .Do you think this would help with better hatch rates.If so how would I add a computer fan and were would I put it?

Last edited:
I think fans help...put it on the inside ans sue something sticky or pointy! I did it again I can't stop myself!

Sorry...I really tried to be helpful!

Sorry...that is a good question hang on I will check my bator...turns around lifts lid puts hand in...it is blowing down....I say point it towrds the eggs...I could make the argument work to say the other way tough...that way the warm air at the top would be forced across the lid and move that air more...

Quote:
the Hovabator fans sort of blow the air to the sides .. personnally, I think their fans are a little whimpy.

what you want to do is really move the air and mix it up good so that it gets to every corner of the box .

I would not be concerned about having it too drafty.. You should feel the air flow in my 1400 egg bator. it could make your hair messed up..

Quote:
Pretty easy just find a old cell phone, printer or whatever cable with the same amp and voltage. Either for a few cents at the thrift store or at ebay . You just have to connect the cable and there you go.

Last edited:
Mount the fan sorta like a ceiling fan, centered, close to the top but not to close. I think it should be blowing down. Blowing up makes the air go from the heat source across the eggs an then to the thermostat. Blowing down pulls the heat strait to the thermostat making it cycle faster an keep the temperature more stable. But it also makes it take longer to warm up from a cold start.

Back
Top Bottom