How about a little rain!??

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
I know there are alot of us out here, feeling the pain of the rain. DH and I have been up ALL NIGHT, bailing out the basement. It is supposed to rain through 5 pm today. Anyone need some water!???

march08flood.jpg

This water is NOT supposed to be there. You can see...the coops and runs are completely under water. My poor babies....It will take untill AUGUST to dry out I think!

they mke an electric sump that you can plug in a just pitch in the water (it is safe), attach a garden hose and pump it out for you. You can get them and Lowes, Home Depot, TSC, and others I am sure. I am getting the same about an hour south of you.

Better weigh down those birds!

I would love to be able to use a sump pump.....problem is, this is the family room...and I have to keep the water less than an inch. I am going to lowes today...to get some Hydraulic cement. I think thats what its called. You can pour it into running water, and it sets. We have a small crack along the floor and wall...thats where the water is coming in. Come one Lowes....OPEN!

We got 10" here yesterday (and I think that is a highly modest estimate). Thankfully we are on a hill but it looks like a lake anyway.
sad.png
I had a worm crawling up the siding on my house.....never seen one try THAT hard to get to higher ground before.

Hope everyone gets the water out of their houses.
sad.png

My goodness, Deb what a pain.You can send some down here,we haven't got that much.When July gets here it'll be dry as a desert.I just wish the wind would quit blowing so hard.The dang lites keep going out,then back on again.I hope it slacks off for yall,looks like alot of water.
Looks like you need to get some more ducks,lol. Mine have been begging for a good rain,silly ducks refuse to down to the bayou.

Send that rain to Georgia!!! we are 13-14 inches behind!!! Actually we are going to get some today. Wow 4 1/2 inches It takes us 3-4 months to get that much!!!1

Last edited:
Our back yard is a lake too. Our crawlspace sump quit overnight and my husband got it going again, but it is pumping nonstop! Our septic system is "gluggy". I tell my kids, "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down." Heavy spring rains put me in the worst of moods because of the slow septic and yucky yard!

Back
Top Bottom