How Accurate is Wing Feather Sexing?

Fred's Hens :

If the parent stock was slightly mixed breeds, then the sex linking of the offspring, by color at hatch, can be suspicious. Yes, a pure RIR rooster over a Delaware hen will produce true sex-links at hatch. Males will be white, while females will be buff.

You probably are right. 3 pullets and 1 rooster. Time will tell.

I just a close look at all 4 chicks again, 2 are buff color, one a lot more than the other and the other 2 chicks both have a buff color rings on the neck and again one more so than the other. So I think it's a realy toss up if there boys or girls. I'll have to wait and see.

Does anyone know if I have a roo thats mix RIR-Delaware and a mixed hen (same mix) will they ever white hens? or will the Hen always be a Buff color?​

Quote:
I just a close look at all 4 chicks again, 2 are buff color, one a lot more than the other and the other 2 chicks both have a buff color rings on the neck and again one more so than the other. So I think it's a realy toss up if there boys or girls. I'll have to wait and see.

Does anyone know if I have a roo thats mix RIR-Delaware and a mixed hen (same mix) will they ever white hens? or will the Hen always be a Buff color?

yes you can get both colors in both sexes.

Back
Top Bottom