How are you frugal?

Quote:
Thanks! Good advice!
thumbsup.gif

I never buy new appliances i always buy the scratch and dent at work i still get the 1year warrenty and get a new appliance just at a used price. I always look for non stock items that i can use because the price drops fast on those, just for example i bought 12 150load laundry detergent "method brand" that was non stock for 15 dollars so always check out the bargains at places like lowe's and home depot because usually the managers will work with you if you take the whole lot.

Yesterday, I asked the guy at the fish counter for the skins he takes off and throws out. They are really good for our dogs since fish oil is recommended and incredibly expensive. He went off to ask his manager then came back to give me a nasty response. I think that's weird though. If they're just throwing them out, I want them. That's not wrong, right? They sell fish heads for next to nothing. Why not fish skin?

We just put in a wood stove in our fireplace to use all that free oak wood from 5 trees we had cut down this summer.

Hopefully, we can get by without using our gas heat very much this winter...

Turn lights off ,when we leave a room,
lower the house temp when no ones at home,
also buy one get one. Butttt it depends on the price.
and always ask for paper bags at the market and
use to line the trash can.and plant veggies.
wee.gif

especially celery.it keeps growing and growinggg.
Now we are thinking of putting
{Propane cook stove and water heater. and take out
the electric , any thoughts pm me.

Quote:
Might want to investigate "on demand" hot water heater. We have one in the kitchen since the hot water heater is on the other side of the house. When the regular electric hot water heater gives up the ghost - we will replace with a on demand there too. Not paying to heat water until you need it saves $$.

Sandee

Back
Top Bottom