How bad is your addiction?

Quote:
Here in Tucson, AZ... we are limited to no more than 24 fowl within the city limits.

That would keep my addiction limited to 24 at any one time.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/School/abacus.gif

I only want three or four chickens!!
Be praying my husband's heart will soften on this matter!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Rebbetzin/Email icons/praying.gif

Oh sure, it starts with 3 or 4 , you tell yourself that , but this a disease, an addiction, once the fuzzy butt fever bites you you can NEVER turn back. It grows and grows and there is no cure, you always want more and how ever many you have just isn't enough. You will do anything to get more, I know as I have the fever, started with 5, got 4 more then 1 more so I would have 5 of each and now I have 6 more coming in a month. Somebody help me!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Hi Joanne,

My name is Jackie and I'm a chick-aholic and BYC-aholic too!

I'm so glad I found this site because friends have been concerned about my new addiction. It's good to know that I'm not alone.

5 weeks ago I was a normal person. Then, it happened.

In the mail was 29 peeping, adorable, baby chicks. It's been all over for me since then. It's a good thing I'm self employed: I should fire myself. This site should have an
"Addictive Warning" label. When I'm at home, I love to spend time with my chicks.

Seriously though, This site, and everyone's wisdom and humor are a great benefit to us, "addicts" .

Thanks Everyone!

My name is Kelly and I am a chick-a-holic.

I started with 25 chicks from the hatchery last spring and it has been downhill ever since.

Last fall I built and incubator and hatched 10 more.

Then I ordered 25 cornish crosses from the hatchery this spring.

Then I went to TSC and bought 10 more laying pullets.

The following week, I went to a poultry swap meet and bought 15 more.

Then I placed a SECOND order for 25 cornish crosses.

Then I ordered 6 turkeys and 9 ducks.

My garage looks like a mini barn with all the brooders set up!

And I'm getting that itch to set up the incubator again...

I am so glad I am not alone!!!

I am a home-school mom and I have to force myself to do English & Math before I go out to the chicks, chickens & ducks! ((or it takes alllll day))

I will cut it short (just got a call my turkeys at the feed store!)

BYE

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 4 and I bug my dh everyday for more and always the same... no way!
barnie.gif
He just doesn't understand. Oh and the kids will come walking thru the house yelling Mom, Mom where are you? and then they come around the corner.... " oh should have known you were on BYC.com AGAIN
roll.png

I LOVE chickens! I LOVE chickens!
wee.gif

My addiction is so bad that I woke up quickly at 1 a.m. and ran out to the run thinking I had left the poor birdies outside. I looked in the coop and all of them were on the roost sleeping, till I peeked in armed only with a little flashlight. LOL
lau.gif

I am at the first stage - denial. I am not addicted. I will not become addicted. I simply enjoy watching/ the company of unmoving eggs for 21 days. I don't believe that qualifies as an addiction. I have only done it twice. In one month. My older chicks need company. My kids like to watch them hatch. I enjoy the stress.
lau.gif

Nope, I'm not addicted at all!!!

he.gif

he.gif

he.gif

he.gif

Hi my name is Nick, and i a chick-aholic.

I am currently gathering materials (pallets and other scrap wood) to expand my 8 x 16 coop to include an area for broodies, and breeders.

how big do you think i should go?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom